U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2018, 09:21 AM

1,563 posts, read 942,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunglo1 View Post
Because its full of thug black people;the kind that just murdered that female cop in Baltimore and run by extreme PC Liberal types.
its full of sunglos

Old 05-23-2018, 04:08 PM

668 posts, read 263,265 times
^

That really made me laugh.

Old 05-23-2018, 07:49 PM

3,286 posts, read 4,604,065 times
Hyattsville isn't just the Route 1 corridor. It also includes West Hyattsville/ Langley Park.

And when the OP drove through Fairfax County, I doubt that he/she went into the completely-Hispanic 1940's apartments of CULMORE on Route 7, the Springfield Mall shopping center, or the mostly-minority apartment communities strung along Route 1 (Richmond Highway).

Old 05-23-2018, 08:13 PM

3,286 posts, read 4,604,065 times
Hyattsville doesn't just include the Route 1 corridor. The Hyattsville postal designation also includes west to the MoCo line (all of Langley Park) and also to the southeast all the way to Central Avenue, as proven by the Orange area on this Map

https://ggwash.org/view/66370/many-p...at-doesnt-well

And I doubt that the OP visited such out-of-the-way places as CULMORE (completely-Hispanic 1940s apartments in Fairfax County, near Baileys Crossroads) or the several, mostly-minority apartment projectss along Route 1 (Richmond Highway).

Old 05-23-2018, 09:42 PM

668 posts, read 263,265 times
This guy is from New Jersey. So many Jersey posers in Maryland.

All kidding aside it's just laziness. People do this nonsense all over the place.

Old 05-24-2018, 10:51 AM

4,936 posts, read 3,134,066 times
I find it amusing how many posters on this thread are denigrating the OP or pointing out the exceptions instead of just answering the question. Sure, parts of Prince George's County are very nice. Sure, parts of Fairfax County aren't very nice. But the OP's point remains: large swaths of P.G. aren't very nice, while large swaths of Fairfax (and other counties in suburban DC) are.

As for an answer to the question, I would say it's demographics. Here are the relevant statistics:

Prince George's population
White: 13.0%

Asian: 4.2%

Black: 62.0%

Hispanic: 17.8%

Fairfax population
White: 51.2%
Asian: 19.0%

Black: 9.5%

Hispanic: 16.1%

Anyone not blinded by PC will see these numbers and understand why those two counties are so different, even though they're in the same metropolitan area.

Old 05-24-2018, 12:25 PM

170 posts, read 84,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
I find it amusing how many posters on this thread are denigrating the OP or pointing out the exceptions instead of just answering the question. Sure, parts of Prince George's County are very nice. Sure, parts of Fairfax County aren't very nice. But the OP's point remains: large swaths of P.G. aren't very nice, while large swaths of Fairfax (and other counties in suburban DC) are.

As for an answer to the question, I would say it's demographics. Here are the relevant statistics:

Fairfax population

Anyone not blinded by PC will see these numbers and understand why those two counties are so different, even though they're in the same metropolitan area.

BINGO! Nice post! Yea, the left PC loonies like to talk the all the idiotic PC stuff , rant and rage etc ... but when it comes down to it ,they just go back and live life in their upper middle class/upper class all white Maryland hoods where they wouldn't dare have section 8 housing, a light rail going threw it, or metro buses from the hood, but they would want it for everybody else.

Old 05-24-2018, 01:43 PM

13,805 posts, read 4,082,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post

Fairfax population

Ok but the OP never asked anything about those numbers and if you bother reading his post anyone can tell the poster is a troll.

Old 05-24-2018, 02:20 PM

4,936 posts, read 3,134,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Ok but the OP never asked anything about those numbers and if you bother reading his post anyone can tell the poster is a troll.

The OP asked why Prince George's County is so bad, and commented on it appearing "ghetto." He contrasted it with other, more pleasant counties in the Washington metropolitan area. My response is an explanation for why PG appears to be so ghetto.

As for whether or not the OP is a troll, I'll leave that for the moderators to decide.

Old 05-24-2018, 07:10 PM

4,562 posts, read 7,623,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Yeah, I wondered about that. An outsider visiting the area so briefly coming up with the very firm opinion that everywhere outside PG is awesome, and everything inside the county is crap is pretty unlikely. Not impossible (maybe came in with preconceived notions?) but not probable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or