Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2018, 03:45 PM

719 posts, read 1,051,205 times

Advertisements

I am from the Upstate of South Carolina .I checked out that area south of Snow Hill on Google Street Level and its very nice with aspects of both Upstate SC and Lowcountry SC. Like Upstate SC there are hardwood forests and like Lowcountry coastal SC there are big open fields. I would assume the winters can get cold but that the summers are hot. I spent 4 months working in Philly some years back and in July and August it was pretty hot .

I am a big fried chicken guy and I have heard the fried chicken at Royal Farms convenience stores is great.Whats the opinion of it here? Strange but I can't find one location of the Maryland Fried Chicken chain in Maryland .There are only 30 Maryland Fried Chicken locations total and most of the ones we had in South Carolina are closed except those on the coast.I wish they would expand as a chain again.The fried chicken is great.
Attached Thumbnails
Love your states' forests and fields.Question about fried chicken at Royal Farms and Maryland Fried Chicken locations.-maryland-fried-chicken-albany-georgia-oct  

Last edited by senecaman; 10-19-2018 at 03:56 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2018, 03:52 PM

I have a friend in Baltimore who is always telling me how pretty the Eastern Shore is . Here is a view from Google Street Level of fields and forests near Girdletree Maryland . I lived out in the far west (Arizona) for a year in 94-95 and I came back east for the trees and the green. https://www.google.com/maps/@38.1124...7i13312!8i6656

Last edited by senecaman; 10-19-2018 at 04:04 PM..

Old 10-19-2018, 05:39 PM

Love this ! Maryland has at least 13 Waffle House locations.I have seen the location in Elkton but the Hampton Inn Suites next to it had a pretty good free breakfast otherwise I would have eaten there. Here is a picture of that Waffle House from last December.
Attached Thumbnails
Love your states' forests and fields.Question about fried chicken at Royal Farms and Maryland Fried Chicken locations.-waffle-house-2-elkton-maryland-dec  

Last edited by senecaman; 10-19-2018 at 06:01 PM..

Old 10-19-2018, 07:47 PM

18,528 posts, read 10,469,510 times
Sorry ,I don't buy my fried Chicken a t a gas station. Popeye's is good but as far as good local Chicken this is one of the best here in Southern Maryland.

https://www.facebook.com/Chaptico-Ma...4218920363688/

......another great place is Nicks..........

Nicks of Clinton: Home

Old 10-19-2018, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Sorry ,I don't buy my fried Chicken a t a gas station. Popeye's is good but as far as good local Chicken this is one of the best here in Southern Maryland.

https://www.facebook.com/Chaptico-Ma...4218920363688/

......another great place is Nicks..........

Nicks of Clinton: Home

I used to love Popeyes some time ago but now it seems more hit or miss.I see you have a few Bojangles' locations in Maryland.Bojangles' is popular in South Carolina as far as chains go. If you go over to Georgia they have Popeyes.

Last edited by senecaman; 10-19-2018 at 08:34 PM..

Old 10-19-2018, 09:07 PM

This is one of the reasons I love the East Coast . Being able to see country like this from New Jersey to Georgia . This is near Pocomoke City MD. https://www.google.com/maps/@38.0747...7i13312!8i6656

Old 10-20-2018, 02:10 PM

3,637 posts, read 4,769,766 times
Royal farms actually does have some very good fried chicken. Just like anywhere though, you want a fresh batch right out of the fryer. It's also fairly common on the eastern shore for there to be "mom and pop delis/gas stations that sell good fried chicken as well. IMO, better then the national chains. The only MD fried chicken place I've seen was in Orlando, FL.

Snow Hill is a pretty area, the Pocomoke runs through which is on of MD's scenic rivers with the bald cypress swamps. I live a little above there in Ocean City and love the eastern shore, esp in spring and fall. I'll go down to Pocomoke and Shad Landing state park on mild days in the winter to go fishing and just relax and get away!

Old 10-20-2018, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinfshr View Post
Royal farms actually does have some very good fried chicken. Just like anywhere though, you want a fresh batch right out of the fryer. It's also fairly common on the eastern shore for there to be "mom and pop delis/gas stations that sell good fried chicken as well. IMO, better then the national chains. The only MD fried chicken place I've seen was in Orlando, FL.

Snow Hill is a pretty area, the Pocomoke runs through which is on of MD's scenic rivers with the bald cypress swamps. I live a little above there in Ocean City and love the eastern shore, esp in spring and fall. I'll go down to Pocomoke and Shad Landing state park on mild days in the winter to go fishing and just relax and get away!
I would love to see more of MD but I am always passing through the state either going north to NYC to see relatives of going back south to SC. I have never had a chance to stop in Baltimore which from what I have heard has great Italian restaurants.

I am sure the summers are amazing in MD.Until you start lining things up on a map you probably don't realise how far south many places on the East Coast are compared to places in Europe or the West Coast we think of as sunny and warm.If you draw a line straight across the Atlantic from Ocean City that line would come out further south than Lisbon Portugal. In my state of South Carolina the state capitol Columbia is as far south as Los Angeles and Charleston is as far south as San Diego.

As for fried chicken I love it .We have some decent chains and great mom and pop places too. That would be great driving around the Eastern Shore trying different fried chicken joints. If you are in SC you can go town to town trying out different bbq joints .

If you like to fish and you are ever in SC be sure to try Lake Marion or Lake Moultrie in Lowcountry SC near the coast.The lakes are huge and filled with largemouth and striped bass and catfish. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_M...South_Carolina)

Last edited by senecaman; 10-20-2018 at 03:24 PM..

Old 10-20-2018, 03:29 PM

Here is a typical view of coastal South Carolina.It looks similar to coastal Maryland , Delaware and Virginia. https://www.google.com/maps/@33.5715...7i13312!8i6656

Old 10-20-2018, 04:44 PM

3,637 posts, read 4,769,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by senecaman View Post
If you are in SC you can go town to town trying out different bbq joints .
Funny because I've spent plenty of time in SC. Love it. When doing boat deliveries we always want to get weathered in in Charleston. Stayed just outside Charleston(Mt. Pleasant) while working on a boat last spring for a few month's. Plenty of good BBQ around there. I would joke and say I couldn't take much more of that area because I would get very fat. No shortage of top quality restaurants in that part of the coast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland