Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 08:44 AM

3 posts, read 12,354 times

Advertisements

Hi all. My husband works at Fort Monmouth and we will be relocating to Maryland. I thought it would be nice to start a thread so those of us in the same position can get to know each other a little. I'm Amy and we currently live in Monmouth County, NJ. We have 13 mo old twin boys. Looking forward to getting to know those of you who also plan on making the move.

-
Amy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 09:22 PM

3 posts, read 12,091 times
Hi Amy, I just joined today. I live in Harford County which may be one of the places that you will be looking to move to. There are some good and not so good areas of the county. We live in Bel Air and love it. Really good schools and lots of shopping. Probably not quite what you are used to living so close to New York. I hope you get more responses from others that are moving here but let me be the first to say "WELCOME".

Old 04-30-2008, 06:36 AM

Thanks for your response RocknRobin. As a matter of fact, we have made a couple trips down, and are focusing on Harford County. Primarily, Bel Air which seems really nice. We have also seen some homes in Forest Hill and Abingdon. Yes, hopefully I will also get some responses from others who are making the same move.

-
Amy

Old 05-15-2008, 11:41 PM

3 posts, read 12,091 times
Amy,

Be careful of Abingdon. I lived there for a number of years and depending where you live there, the schools can be really bad. I like Forest Hill but prefer Bel Air. We love it.

Robin

Old 09-12-2008, 03:02 PM

2 posts, read 6,434 times
a fort monmouth employee with two kids. Looking for a home closer APG to live. Hoping to move before the floodgate open in 2011.

Old 10-23-2008, 05:33 AM

8 posts, read 45,070 times
Default also moving looking into harford county

We are also a family needing to move fromFort Monmouth. We have 3 children two will be in college one will be in High School. We are also confused as to where to live. We presently live in Jackson NJ here the teens basiclly drink,drug,off road and drag race all illegal. to many open spaces to hide. Gangs are also starting to move in

We are looking for a place that is safe and may offer something for teens to do other then the illegals and where there is, hopefully no gang active.

Can someone help.

Old 10-23-2008, 03:42 PM

Hi. My family moved to Havre de Grace, which is in Harford County, the end of August. We like the town so far and one of the best perks my husband finds is that it is close to APG which means he gets to spend more time with our sons.

-
Amy

Old 10-28-2008, 06:58 PM

3 posts, read 10,246 times
Well Confusedmom, I actually am a realtor in harford county and have lived here all my life. The areas that would probably interest you the most are Bel Air, Havre De Grace, Forest Hill, fallston. All of which have highly rated schools. I have been to Monmouth and Ocean County many times in the past year and probably the biggest objections I'm seeing from relo's is we can not duplicate the beach area and all the water front areas that most of your area has. I not as familiar w/Jackson, can you tell me a little about your area? Hope this helps!

Old 11-01-2008, 09:01 AM

8 posts, read 45,070 times
thank you for the information. Jackson is about 30 minutes to various beaches. What Jackson has is basicly Great Adventure theme Park, lots of places for Teens to get in trouble and a great schools.

My main concern is to continue with the great school system and to have something for my son to do.

We have taken a ride to Bel Air is there a comunity that you would recommend that is close to activities(store, fast food, movies,library) with a teen population higher than grade school population?

Old 11-17-2008, 05:53 PM

3 posts, read 10,246 times
Any of the area surrounding Bel Air would fit you fine, Forest Hill, Churchville, Fallston, Street, and Abingdon. Schools are excellent in most of the area. Let me know if I can be of anymore help. Its hard specifying exactly what you would be interested in without a little bit more info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland