Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2021, 11:47 AM

19,894 posts, read 8,786,829 times

Advertisements

If kids want to overdose on drugs, you can't stop them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2021, 03:12 PM

18,522 posts, read 10,457,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bande1102 View Post
The thing that really bothers me is that the community seems to prioritize their reputation (blue ribbon schools! high property values! water!) over the lives of its young people.
No proof of that . If people cared they wouldn't be on this website cutting down a Town whining and complaining , they would be out doing something to help the kids.

Old 02-24-2021, 12:49 PM

4,640 posts, read 11,867,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
No proof of that . If people cared they wouldn't be on this website cutting down a Town whining and complaining , they would be out doing something to help the kids.
Who is "they"?

Old 02-24-2021, 02:59 PM

18,522 posts, read 10,457,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bande1102 View Post
Who is "they"?
You for one , the OP for another.

Old 08-04-2021, 07:08 PM

13 posts, read 12,321 times
Severna Park residents think they are way more affluent than they actually are. It’s an overall upper-middle-class town with lots of expensive homes and communities on the Severn River side, but the Magothy River side resembles Pasadena a lot. I actually think it’s a beautiful area, but it’s a shame some of the residents are so stuck-up. They seem to want to keep to themselves and pretend they live in an exclusive area. I’ve always found the Broadneck area to be preferable to Severna Park because the neighborhoods are very similar, but the residents are a lot less snobby. I also disagree that the schools in SP are the best in Anne Arundel County, unless by “best schools,” you mean the ones with the least amount of minorities and low-income kids.

Old 01-14-2023, 09:10 PM

7 posts, read 12,907 times
More info on SP

https://www.change.org/p/brendan-p-n...tion_dashboard

https://www.rewire.org/community-tra...icide-cluster/

Old 06-19-2023, 12:36 PM

58,414 posts, read 26,740,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJCatan View Post
Severna Park residents think they are way more affluent than they actually are. It’s an overall upper-middle-class town with lots of expensive homes and communities on the Severn River side, but the Magothy River side resembles Pasadena a lot. I actually think it’s a beautiful area, but it’s a shame some of the residents are so stuck-up. They seem to want to keep to themselves and pretend they live in an exclusive area. I’ve always found the Broadneck area to be preferable to Severna Park because the neighborhoods are very similar, but the residents are a lot less snobby. I also disagree that the schools in SP are the best in Anne Arundel County, unless by “best schools,” you mean the ones with the least amount of minorities and low-income kids.
"Severna Park residents think they are way more affluent than they actually are."

When I attended Severna Park high, the students who lived in Severna Park had better cars then the teachers.

Old 06-19-2023, 01:02 PM

44,877 posts, read 59,846,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Severna Park residents think they are way more affluent than they actually are."

When I attended Severna Park high, the students who lived in Severna Park had better cars then the teachers.
They still do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland