Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2021, 01:53 PM

508 posts, read 526,661 times

Advertisements

What are fairly safe neighborhoods around zip MD 21244 ?
================================================== =====

Thanks for your replies to my threads. I did use Crimereports.com awhile ago. It showed crime stats from Baltimore county Police . It is not showing now.

SpotCrime shows high crimes for 21244. I am not sure, whether this is correct.

What are the fairly safe neighborhoods in and around 21244 ?

Are there any other FREE online resources to find fairly safe neighborhoods?

Thanks for sharing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2021, 05:42 PM

13,368 posts, read 27,022,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNCamry99 View Post
.....What are the fairly safe neighborhoods in and around 21244 ?
I used to work in an office on Lord Baltimore Drive. Any of the nearby rental apartment complex are fairly safe. We had a few problems from (I suspect) teenagers who were in one of the rehab school programs. There were a couple of car breakins, and I had someone plant a razor blade under a tire resulting in a flat tire. I had not heard of any muggings when I left in 2008. There was a robbery at Security Square, and a hostage isituation on Securty Blvd.

I used to live in a townhouse near Ingleside Avenue, Gwynn Oak zip code 21207. The residents were mainly middle-class AA families, and I am white, but I felt safe. Catonsville, further south is also fairly safe. However, I would check street-by-street within a zip code. I would drive through the alleys, and if they were well kept, I thought the street was OK. If there was trash and broken glass, I would not consider buying there.

If you want to go further away, Owings Mills has more and newer rental apartments. If you have a larger budget, head west to Ellicott City, 21042.

BTW, for a free site, Niche.com gives a fairly good overall rating. I use SpotCrime for specific crime reports.

Last edited by goldenage1; 06-21-2021 at 06:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland