Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 12:54 PM

41 posts, read 138,373 times

Advertisements

Well, everyone talk about some areas of PG that are safe. But, nobody says anything about which are those areas. I've never been there so for me is very tough to decide to which area go.

Old 06-13-2008, 01:44 PM

311 posts, read 1,385,605 times
I don't particularly care for the Westlake townhouse developments. However, if you could find a house in that area (Dorchester, I think it is) that would be good. I don't care for those apts you mentioned either.

As far as shootings, not sure what you are talking about? Maybe I should go back and read the crime reports for June. I think as of June there were two murders in all of Charles county, and both were domestic violence nature, not random or even kids. I'm not even sure if one of them was actually a murder. I think it was attempted murder, but one for sure was a murder.

Old 06-13-2008, 02:50 PM

646 posts, read 2,667,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom21 View Post
I don't particularly care for the Westlake townhouse developments. However, if you could find a house in that area (Dorchester, I think it is) that would be good. I don't care for those apts you mentioned either.

As far as shootings, not sure what you are talking about? Maybe I should go back and read the crime reports for June. I think as of June there were two murders in all of Charles county, and both were domestic violence nature, not random or even kids. I'm not even sure if one of them was actually a murder. I think it was attempted murder, but one for sure was a murder.

I was comparing the crime(shootings) at the high schools..PG has had a bunch ,Charles none..As for areas there are many Hampshire ,Dochester,Bannester,,,etc.All are located in St.Charles some on the Northbound and some on the Southbound side of 301.St Charles is the biggest development on Waldorf but not the only one. LaPlata is a nice town not as large as Waldorf just a few mile south of it on 301.Charles county is more rural then PG but again it is the crime from P.G. county that is recking Charles county.
The high schools ..IMHO are #1 McDonugh(sp) 2)Thomas Stone 3)LaPlata 4)NorthPoint 5)Westlake 6)Lackey......To give a hint on how fast the county is growing NorthPoint which has been open for 2 years ...is now using trailers to handel over flow.

Old 06-13-2008, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinom1 View Post
Well, everyone talk about some areas of PG that are safe. But, nobody says anything about which are those areas. I've never been there so for me is very tough to decide to which area go.

This is a great site,it should help and prove my case.

Prince George’s County Maryland crime maps

Old 06-13-2008, 03:35 PM

2,330 posts, read 4,399,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinom1 View Post
If most if not all of the High Crime in PG County is between DC and the Beltway. Most of the safer areas are outside of the Beltway.........

Old 06-13-2008, 03:37 PM

41 posts, read 138,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
This is a great site,it should help and prove my case.

Prince George’s County Maryland crime maps
Man, Thank you so much. This is what I was trying to see.

Old 06-13-2008, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by $mk8795 View Post
If most if not all of the High Crime in PG County is between DC and the Beltway. Most of the safer areas are outside of the Beltway.........
I would disagree,this map will help.

Old 06-16-2008, 12:38 PM

1,851 posts, read 3,398,163 times
Wink Actually, your map proves what others have said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I would disagree,this map will help.
Then I would have to disagree with you. I checked out the site. It's really useful and GREAT! However, everyone's tolerance for crime is different.

I plugged in a six-month time frame (12/07 to 6/08) and selected "Homocide" as the crime. ALL, let me repeat, ALL of the desirable areas (from what I've read and been told) had zero (only Upper Marlboro had 4 and the location of them was really close to the beltway and/or involved individuals NOT from the area, with the exception of one crime. Actually, one "homocide" was merely a woman found unresponsive in her home -? So I'm only counting 3 true homocides for UM, even though the map shows 4).

I looked at Accokeek, Bowie, Clinton, Fort Washington, Upper Marlboro and I even looked at Waldorf, for "desirable areas." These were just my preferences. I looked at areas inside the beltway, for homocides, and the numbers increased...but not more than 5...collectively though, inside and within 2 miles outside the beltway, crime (homocides) are way up!!

I'm not too concerned with auto thefts and robberies...some people are. Also, there is a lot of building going on (from my home search experience), and often times thieves find it very easy to steal from areas like this...it usually subsides once the residence are all moved in and the building ceases.

So, actually, the map/site does prove that most crime in PG is either inside or very close to the beltway, hence DC.

One more thing...this site is unofficial and not connected to any police department in the county.

Last edited by Jaded; 06-16-2008 at 12:50 PM..

Old 06-16-2008, 04:21 PM

Change the word to Murder and see what happens.

Old 06-16-2008, 06:01 PM

1,851 posts, read 3,398,163 times
^^

WOW. Are you serious? Or is this a joke? Homocide = Murder. I hope you knew this and that your comment is truly meant to be funny...which ironically, it isn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland