U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-14-2007, 10:15 AM

15 posts, read 57,190 times

Advertisements

Ok, I've done some internet research. I've narrowed down the search to Columbia. Most of my life is very not the gay lifestyle. But I do want to meet some gay friends and develop a decent social life. Will Columbia work for this or should I look elsewhere? (I'm 30yo and male)
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2007, 09:57 PM

2,407 posts, read 10,525,823 times
While Columbia may not be the nexus for gay social life in DC/Baltimore, there are definitely gay people there and the community is generally accepting of them. Columbia is suburbia. As such, there's lots of families, soccer fields, Applebees', Chili's, etc. It's not crawling with meeting spots for singles, gay or straight, so it's not like if you were to live in Dupont Circle (DC's main gay area) where you'd be meeting gay people left and right whenever you left your apartment. You have to make a bit more effort than you would there as it's not as in your face as Dupont Circle, but it's doable. If you aren't into the stereotypical gay lifestyle, then I'm sure you realize and are accustomed to this, and as such, Columbia would be a fine fit for you.

Old 01-15-2007, 03:00 PM

1,500 posts, read 5,037,732 times
If you prefer the more quiet lifestyle than Columbia should work for you because you can always go to DC, Northern Va, or Baltimore then head back to the quiet neighborhood. I don't think you will have any problems there.

Old 01-17-2007, 01:03 AM

1,463 posts, read 4,132,375 times
Oh man your crazy. If you wanna be around an educated Gay Community and hit the pubs/restaurants that cater, I would suggest hitting Adams Morgan and definitely Dupont Circle which is gay central for DC. You will not be happy in Columbia if those are your interests.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland