Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2007, 11:37 AM

51 posts, read 384,617 times

Advertisements

We are considering moving to Howard County in the summer, and trying to get some information about schools. I looked at greatschools.net and a couple of other websites. I found reviews for elementary and high schools in Columbia,(where we will most probably be settling down) but could not get anything for middle schools. Since my daughter will be finishing elementary school in 2 yrs, middle schools are important to us. Could anyone give me more information about the middle schools. I have listed their names below and any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time guys. Anu.

Cradlerock school.
Harpers Choice middle
Oakland Mills middle
Wilde Lake middle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2007, 05:19 PM

bump, pleasehelp.

Old 03-12-2007, 12:56 PM

38 posts, read 168,343 times
I'm not living in Maryland...yet...but I have been looking into the school systems in the state and Howard County is one of the best. If you're anywhere near the area the best thing to do is to pay a surprise visit to the schools you listed. One of the best ways to find out if you're going to like a school is to see how they handle something they haven't had time to prepare for. Good luck with your move! As I find out more detailed info I'll try to add to this thread.

Old 03-13-2007, 01:08 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. At present, I am going to the school websites and emailing a parent from the PTA to ask about each school. Greatschools.net has good information and reviews about other schools but nothing about Columbia ms . Hopefully we can get something before we move.

Old 04-01-2007, 10:40 PM
ahf

2 posts, read 10,552 times
If you go to one of the realtor websites, such as weichert and find a house or townhouse in an area you would like, they have info on most of the schools or neighborhoods. I think most of the schools you were looking at had the 21045 zipcode.
Good luck!
Helena

Old 04-06-2007, 07:23 PM

3 posts, read 13,312 times
In general, the best schools in Howard County are not in Columbia but are in Ellicott City and Western Howard County. Some of the best middle schools are Burleigh Manor, Folly Quarter, Lime Kilm and Glenwood Middle. Of the ones that you mentioned, Wilde Lake Middle is probably the best as it has a strong administration and community spirit. You might consider moving into the Centennial H.S. area in Ellicott City, which is more expensive than Columbia but less expensive than moving to Western Howard County.

Old 04-06-2007, 10:55 PM

12 posts, read 64,388 times
If I may suggest, clarksville. Its is the newest part of columbia and the school system is great.
Clarksville Middle feeds into River Hill HS which is suppose to be the best HS in Howard County.
If you need any help searching for a property in Columbia, I can help. We have bought and sold many properties within and around Columbia.

Let me know if you need any help. Also, if you have any questions about Clarksville, I have a townhouse there so I can help you with questions you have about this area. Another nice area to consider is Maplelawn, its a bran new development with great schools as well. If you would like information about Maplelawn, I have bought a coupld of their properties for clients and may be able to assist you as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland