U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-17-2007, 07:12 PM

7 posts, read 20,543 times

Advertisements

what is the weather like today? thanks in advance
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2007, 02:54 PM

392 posts, read 1,193,879 times
Default wtchywmn hit it right on the nail!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtchywmn View Post
Hi there,

4.). The mindset isn't as open minded as out in So Ca, altho its had to change due to the diverse influx coming in. There are people here who if they'd grown up in CA might have become lesbian Buddhist nuns art teachers, but here got married at 19, became the straight neighbors, w/2.5 children, and a nice SUV out front outside, all the security in the world...but are a wee bit frustrated to say the least. Different isn't always cool to be out here...altho it's changing.

Good Luck!
ha ha! Yes! I have been born and raised in PG COunty and I was almost one of them (married at 19) not married but own home and no SUV! Yes, some very very frustrated irritated people, I think its' the way things are changing as well as the transplants that move here are changing the mood/element. Just commute on the Metro rail in and around DC, you will see so many confrontations... And the seasons, we got traffic too, we got crime (certain areas really really bad) we got homelessness in DC< I've seen it all. The utility bill have doubled. I have never paid almost $300 for gas/heat, this year has been ridiculous. And also, wtchywmn should have told you about the driving. When it rains its' horrible, they drive soooo slow it took me 2.5 hours to get to a 45 min. ride job! But, like I said check it out. I don't want to live here anymore, but someone else's misgiving is another's treasure.

Old 03-27-2007, 01:06 PM

7 posts, read 42,725 times
I have lived in Frederick County all my life. I also have 3 children who attend public school in Frederick County. There is always a need for teachers which is a plus for looking for a job. However, unless you plan to pay for private schools I do not recommend our school system. There is not a school in Frederick County that isn't very overcrowded. My son listens to construction work all day while at school and my one daughter has gotten lost in a system that doesn't care. The school system here to say the least is terrible. Crime is continually increasing Maryland has now ranked one of the top 12 unsafest states to live in. My taxes have increased 4x what they were last year. Parts of the county have not been reassesed as of today so beware if you are looking to buy a house and see the current tax amount this will be changing. It's really a shame that Maryland has changed thought I would die in this state and now I can't wait to leave. Many of the children here are involved in soccer and there is a sports building located in the county where many of the children play. (Remember there is snow in the winter so indoor soccer is necessary for the winter months) Good Luck

Old 04-13-2007, 11:59 PM

770 posts, read 2,626,286 times
Transplants are a way of life...especially when you live close to the nations capital? Come on? I am sick of hearing transplants everywhere I go on this message board. Sorry I did not want to live in my hometown, where the unemployment rate is above 25%, crime is high,gas prices out the roof and most people are poverty stricken. I want better for my son, that is why I chose to become a "transplant" not all of us are as lucky as you to be born in a thirving economy...

Old 04-14-2007, 09:07 AM

238 posts, read 24,194 times
I moved here 3 years ago and I HATE it. Stay in California! You are living in paradise! This place is overpriced, expensive, sprawl, traffic congestion up the wazoo, racial tension. I really don't like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland