U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-31-2007, 09:59 AM

2 posts, read 16,588 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am posting this question for my sister who lives in Harford County. My nephew currently attends a preschool based out of a First Presbyterian Church. Not very happy with the school.

My sister wants to switch preschools for next fall. Can anyone give some recommendations on some preschools that have a good reputation with a good teacher:student ratio and whose teachers really care about these young children.

TIA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2007, 10:30 AM

1 posts, read 12,792 times
Did you find any good info on Harford preschools? Just realized that my local public schools doesn't have one and need to start to digure this all out. Thanks.

Old 06-04-2007, 09:11 PM

41 posts, read 171,613 times
Two of my children went to St. Matthews Pre school in Bel Air. It is a co-op so parental involvement is required. No complaints here.

Old 09-04-2007, 01:37 PM

2 posts, read 15,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny2nc? View Post
Hi,

I am posting this question for my sister who lives in Harford County. My nephew currently attends a preschool based out of a First Presbyterian Church. Not very happy with the school.

My sister wants to switch preschools for next fall. Can anyone give some recommendations on some preschools that have a good reputation with a good teacher:student ratio and whose teachers really care about these young children.

TIA!
Was the First Preb Church in Bel Air? About to register my little one there and would love to hear your concerns so that I could reconsider if necessary.

Old 09-11-2007, 08:05 AM

318 posts, read 1,405,455 times
In Bel air, Tiny tots is a good program. The teachers are very caring and have been with the program for a long time. They have a 3 year old program <2x/week or 3x/week> and a 4 year old program<5x/week>. We really thought the program was good. The kids were ready for kindergarten after the 4 year old program. I know Bel air athletic club<Bel air> has a program. I don't know about the program since my kids never went, but I know some of the teachers and they are very caring individuals.

Good luck!

Old 09-14-2007, 06:58 PM

73 posts, read 208,623 times
St. Francis de Sales on Abingdon Road has a wonderful program. The cost was $100 for 2 days a week, $125/3 days a week and $150/5 days a week. This was last year, so I am sure the prices have gone up.

Old 11-06-2007, 12:44 PM

1 posts, read 13,147 times
I hope you found a preschool. I used to teach at the Bel Air Athletic club and they have a pretty good program. I have heard good things about New Covenant off of St. mary's Church Road in Bel Air.

good luck

Old 06-02-2008, 07:17 PM

1 posts, read 11,785 times
Where are you needing daycare?

Old 11-04-2009, 05:14 PM

1 posts, read 9,358 times
Forest Hill Nursery School in Harford County is wonderful. Highly qualified teachers. Great curriculum. All 3 of my children attended. 3 year old and 4 year old program. It is a co-op so parents get to be a bit involved too, which is great.

Old 08-04-2010, 09:59 AM

1 posts, read 7,453 times
harford community college i have heard has a great program
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
View detailed profiles of: