Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2007, 03:20 PM

3 posts, read 22,766 times

Advertisements

Hello All! I was wondering if anyone could give me some input. I am interested in buying a home for hopefully under 175,000 dollars somewhere in Baltimore County. I am 24 years old and am "just starting out." It looks like the only places I could afford within this range would be Dundalk/Middle River/Essex, or thereabout. Does anyone know the name of specific subdivisions/communities that are SAFE? Like most people, safety is of utmost importance to me. I know some sections of these communities aren't exactly the greatest in the world, so I was hoping maybe some residents could help me out here? I'm not too familiar with the area, so before I plan to go look at houses I would like to have an idea of what neighborhoods or subdivisions are the best. Also, if there are other any areas that are somewhat close to Baltimore, and not super expensive, I would love to know about those too! (how about anne arundel? anywhere safe and inexpensive around there?)

Thank you all so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2007, 08:00 PM

22 posts, read 153,423 times
Housing is very costly in all of the Baltimore-Washington Metro Area, but you may be able to find a nice townhome or condoin Essex/Dundalk/Middle River for around $200K. The area has a fairly low crime rate compared to other areas of Baltimore County. I would check out Northern Anne Arundel too, but home prices will probably be similar.

Old 04-04-2007, 06:36 PM

21 posts, read 130,161 times
Northern AA County is out of your range if you are in search of a single-family home, unless you want to live in the "hood." Dundalk, Essex, and Middle River all sort of blend together. There aren't a lot of subdivisions because it is an old, well-established suburb. Because it is a water-front area, there's a WIDE range of homes from trailers and former seasonal shore-shacks to million-dollar waterfront abodes. There's a new subdivision going up in Middle River that I don't know the name of. If you look at a map, it is off of Eastern Avenue between 702 and Martin Boulevard. You could probably find some cute fixer-uppers in older Dundalk and Essex, too. All three areas are pretty safe, but they do tend a bit toward redneck, too.

What besides safety do you want?

Toadmama

Old 04-11-2007, 09:28 AM

2 posts, read 8,471 times
Default Townhouse in Essex

I have a townhouse in Essex that can rent with an Option to buy or for sale for $185,000 Its In a water oriented neighborhood bordered by Marinas and Coxs State Park. I lived there for 5 years before I got married this past February. It is very quiet on a dead end street facing the river

Old 06-01-2007, 04:25 PM

1 posts, read 4,944 times
I am fairly sure by now you have sold or rented your townhouse...however, if not, could you send me more info. We are looking to move to that area..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland