Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2009, 02:32 PM

347 posts, read 863,442 times

Advertisements

We are relocating the the NJ Shore area to MD within the next 90 days. We are not with BRAC. My husband's office is in Joppa but he travels NJ, DE, MD, VA and parts of PA. We keep hearing move to Bel Air but other than the schools, didn't really fall in the love with it. We have looked at homes in Elkton and North East. Can anyone provide information on the middle schools, friendly-factor, shopping, etc. Patriots Glen was nice as the whole family golfs...and since we will be giving up being 10 minutes from the beach, the community pool could work esp since I wouldn't have to clean it. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2009, 08:19 PM

87 posts, read 333,605 times
Hi there!
My hubby also travels to DC, VA and DE.
I know that Bel Air to the highway is forever.
Have you tried Riverside/Belcamp in Harford County. It is quiet but only 1 minute from I95. You can just jump on and go anywhere. Especially since Rt7 and Rt40 go parallel to 95, you can be in Joppa in less than ten minutes on either of the three roads. It is South of Aberdeen, close to the water. There is a community pool and tennis courts and sidewalks. Also if you are going to PA you can take either the highway if you are going to Philly or backroads if you want to go further west in PA. And if you miss the water and the boats then you are only 10 minutes from a nice stroll on the boardwalk in Havre de Grace. There is no ocean but it sure feels nice to dip your toes in the water up there. There are a two golf courses I know of within 10 minutes also.

Old 05-20-2009, 07:16 PM

347 posts, read 863,442 times
Thanks...we will check it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland