U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-05-2009, 02:32 PM

18 posts, read 36,526 times
Default Furniture Stores

My DH and I will be furnishing a new home in a couple of months and we haven't really purchased furniture in YEARS! So we basically need everything. We're looking to buy some quality and/or higher end furniture.

We've looked at Ethan Allen and they have a few pieces that might work but I really like Crate & Barrel's style. Unfortunately they don't have a showroom where you can see a lot of their larger items. Can you recommend some quality furniture stores in the Howard or Montgomery county areas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2009, 04:27 PM

196 posts, read 530,344 times
It might be too far out of your way, or not your style, but we love Ikea stuff. There's one in White Marsh (near Baltimore) and one in College Park.

Old 06-05-2009, 11:59 PM

4 posts, read 7,061 times
cutgarden, I like Ikea stuff too. You mean they have two local stores in Chattanooga?

Old 06-06-2009, 07:31 AM

1,055 posts, read 3,352,296 times
Ikea in College Park

In DC, there are a few stores in Georgetown ($$) between 33rd and 35th on M Street. Theodores up on Wisconsin Avenue and there used to be a place called Mobili (not sure if it is still around). A few on 14th Street between M and U Streets worth checking.

In Baltimore, I found a few nice places in Fells Point. I think if you google Furniture shopping in Baltimore or Fells Point" you'll find some listing for some interesting stuff.

The general style of DC is, well Ethan Allen. That sort of semi-old looking, Georgetown rowhouse decor. I hate it, but it's pretty popular here. There are some furniture mills in North Carolina that have showrooms in Virginia (I think one big one in Dulles and then another in this place where there are like 7 showrooms in 7 different buildings). If you have to spend > $20,000, it might be worth heading down to those places near the VA/NC border and loading up (can't remember the name but someone else might).

Old 06-06-2009, 12:49 PM

297 posts, read 822,002 times
The furniture capital of the world (well, of the US, anyway) is High Point, NC. There are a bunch of furniture manufacturers and dealers, and I hear you can get a real bargain there. I've never been, so I am not sure if it's true. But I think that's the place that PenquinSix was talking about.

Old 06-06-2009, 02:10 PM

297 posts, read 822,002 times
I just checked the Crate and Barrel website and you can see some of their furniture in the following stores:
- Baltimore (Towson Towne Center)
- Arlington, VA (The Market Common)
- Tyson's Corner, VA

Old 06-21-2009, 12:28 PM

54 posts, read 110,362 times
The largest furniture store on the east coast is Johnny Janosik's World of Furniture in Laurel DE.
They have a 180,000 sq foot showroom and beat anyone's prices. They deliver all over MD, DE, VA and I think NJ.

Johnny Janosik - Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, Delmarva Furniture Store

I just bought all of my living room furniture there.

Old 06-21-2009, 08:42 PM

1,829 posts, read 2,197,326 times
If you want to be adventurous, see what you can find at overstock.com. There's a variety of prices. I've ordered a few things from there (chairs, end table) that have held up well. Many pieces look pricier than they are. Be sure to read the reviews.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland