Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2009, 03:33 AM

2 posts, read 3,548 times

Advertisements

Trying to research for my friend moving to Baltimore area.
She is moving from Colorado to Baltimore area for a new job.
Single Mom (38) with 1 year old twins.
Would like to NOT live in the city of Baltimore itself
Needs to live within 20 miles of downtown Baltimore (on call for work emergencies)
Looking for 3 BDR Rental (House,TH,Apt) in $900-$1100 range
She has a 40 lb. dog as well

I have done extensive searches on rental websites and read many apartment/TH review websites.

I'm so frustrated because in that price range for a 3 BDR there doesn't seem to be anything in a relatively decent safe neighborhood or with decent apartment reviews (per online user messages). Crime stats websites are concerning me as well. I think I might be focusing in all the negative so I'd like to ask for positive feedback / recommendations from people who live there........

Can anyone recommend rentals or specific areas outside of the city of Baltimore (within 20 miles) that are safe for a single Mom with two babies.

By relatively decent/safe I mean a place/area where she can walk with her kids after work to a local playground and feel safe, where she can park her car outside & not worry about it being broken into. She's not looking for nightlife or an abundance of restaurants/shops. Just a simple place where she can enjoy raising her twins & have a relatively short commute to work.

She is on call at times for emergencies and needs to live within that 20 miles radius.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2009, 05:55 PM

260 posts, read 842,489 times
Try looking at Towson, Timonium, Catonsville, Reisterstown (may be a little far out), Columbia, Ellicott City, Hunt Valley, and Pikesville.

Old 07-20-2009, 10:07 AM

7 posts, read 18,584 times
Default Glen Burnie

Glen Burnie is not so bad. It depends on where you are in Glen Burnie. The Cromwell Fountain community is in a good area but they have a 25 pound dog restriction. With Glen Burnie, the closer you get to the city line, the worse the area. Glen Burnie has alot of different housing options. The area where Cromwell Fountain is located is about 15 to 20 minutes from downtown Baltimore. Glen Burnie is in Anne Arundel County. Pasadena is another family oriented area with different housing options. It is a little south of Glen Burnie.

I am dong research to find a condo to move to in Anne Arundel County. I have also done some research on rentals in Anne Arundel County.

The best websites I have found to search for properties are:
Real Estate Including Residential and Commercial Real Estate | RE/MAX International, Inc.
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage - Maryland, Washington DC, Delaware, Northern Virginia, Eastern West Virginia and Southern Pennsylvania Real Estate and Homes for Sale - CBMove.com
Condo.com: New Condos For Sale - Apartments for Rent - Condominiums
Apartments For Rent - Nationwide Apartment Rental Search - ForRent.com

Old 07-20-2009, 04:24 PM

87 posts, read 333,534 times
I would proably add White Marsh to that list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland