Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 04:31 PM

3 posts, read 7,483 times

Advertisements

My child is 2 1/2 and will be ready for pre-school soon. Are there any other parents in the area with unvaccinated kids, whether it be for medical, religious or philosophical reasons, who currently have children in pre-school? I'd love to get a few names of places!

Please no posts from people wishing to discuss the vaccination topic. I understand there are differing opinions on the subject and this post is not for debate, simply to help me find a pre-school for my baby.

Thanks,
BaltimoreLove
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2009, 07:17 PM

553 posts, read 1,706,737 times
You are pretty much SOL until your child is ready for elementary school unless you can find an all unvaccinated preschool or daycare, which I've never heard of.

The extra insurance costs not to mention the risk of losing all you customers when the other parents find out their children are around unvaccinated kids makes it impractical for daycare providers. Not to say it isn't out there, but GLTY.

And without passing judgment on your personal decision, why do you think it is reasonable for you to make a decision which could put other kids at risk and expect daycares should accommodate it?

Particularly in a year in which the swine flu may be a serious threat to public health.

FWIW I am not arguing with you as vaccines are an unknown but yo can't expect to have others put their kids at risk because of your personal decision.

Old 08-31-2009, 07:26 PM

34 posts, read 102,753 times
Vaccines are really just nanobot mind control serums distributed by the government to turn us all into slaves.

Old 08-31-2009, 07:49 PM

99 posts, read 505,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goindahneeoshnhawn View Post
Vaccines are really just nanobot mind control serums distributed by the government to turn us all into slaves.
That's about as likely as them causing autism anyway

Old 09-01-2009, 09:58 AM

106 posts, read 442,139 times
What areas are you looking in? It has been a while since I was involved with my kids' preschool but I know some counties require kids to be vaccinated in order for the preschool to be licensed.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:02 AM

754 posts, read 1,922,327 times
I have gone through the same thing and I found that if you speak with your childs pediatrician about it and stand by your convictions, they will give you an updated (unexpired) blue form. Child Care programs don't read those things, I can't even read them. All they do is look for expiration dates.

My son is an extremely high functioning autistic, I noticed his immediate loss of words right after a vaccination so you can beleive that I didn't subject my daughter to that particular shot. It was never a problem because as long as I gave them a blue form that wasn't expired they didn't care.

Old 09-01-2009, 03:08 PM

99 posts, read 505,153 times
The only reason people associate autism with vaccinations is because autism can only begin to be diagnosed at the same time that children are scheduled to receive certain vaccinations (that and idiot celebrities like Jenny McCarthy go around on talk shows claiming vaccinations cause autism). It is a coincidence and nothing more. The lack of cause and effect has been refuted multiple times in reputable science journals. One thing we do know for sure is that not having a child vaccinated does leave them susceptible to a deadly disease.

Old 09-01-2009, 06:33 PM

34 posts, read 102,753 times
I guess I'd rather have polio instead of autism if I had the choice.

Old 09-02-2009, 02:08 PM

81 posts, read 214,781 times
Dont be swayed by the non-critical thinkers on this post. MD state offers exemption to vaccinations that you can use at any school that recieves state funding and a few who dont. My daughter is not vaccinated and was in Childtime in Columbia and they accepted the exemption form. She is now at Bryn Mawr a private school for girls and they too accepted the form without question. Sometimes all you have to do is ask the school. Many schools accept the exemption - it is a parental choice. And you arent putting anyone else child at risk - if they choose to inject toxins into their child then they should be so-called protected right?

Old 09-02-2009, 02:23 PM

11 posts, read 39,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyntg View Post
Dont be swayed by the non-critical thinkers on this post. MD state offers exemption to vaccinations that you can use at any school that recieves state funding and a few who dont. My daughter is not vaccinated and was in Childtime in Columbia and they accepted the exemption form. She is now at Bryn Mawr a private school for girls and they too accepted the form without question. Sometimes all you have to do is ask the school. Many schools accept the exemption - it is a parental choice. And you arent putting anyone else child at risk - if they choose to inject toxins into their child then they should be so-called protected right?
Your stupidity is incredible.

Vaccinations are NOT 100% effective. Their effectiveness comes from having the entire population inoculated. Children that are not vaccinated put EVERYONE else at risk.

"Children who are not vaccinated...present a danger to children who have had their shots — the measles vaccine, for instance, is only 95 percent effective — and to those children too young to receive certain vaccines."
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/21/us/21vaccine.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
View detailed profiles of: