Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 08:03 AM

1,802 posts, read 8,160,676 times

Advertisements

I agree with everyone's suggestions, but the obvious hasn't yet been mentioned, and that would be the tourist areas of Baltimore itself. I live here, and I still love visiting the Inner Harbor, Harbor East, Fells Point, Canton and Federal Hill. Lots of places to shop, eat, drink and view. I recommend the National Aquarium and the Science Center. I haven't yet visited it, but I've heard good things about the American Visionary Arts Museum.

The Mount Vernon area of Baltimore is also worth checking out. The Walters Art Gallery is in that area. I also enjoy the neighborhood around Johns Hopkins University and the Baltimore Museum of Art.

And the Baltimore Zoo is also worth a trip.

There's just way too much to mention, so take slowlane's advice and check TripAdvisor or similar websites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2009, 11:48 AM

54 posts, read 187,540 times
Definitely check out Assateague Island!

Old 12-11-2009, 03:59 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,391,935 times
Eat steamed crabs:
Bo Brooks Restaurant & Catering - 410-558-0202 - Voted Baltimore's Best Crab House! (beautiful water view) and Reters crab house Reter's Crabhouse in Reisterstown, MD.
The food and service are great in both places. You also have to eat other crabby food:
Maryland crabcakes
Maryland crab soup (red)
Cream of crab soup

Monocacy Battlefield - in Frederick Maryland The soldiers apparently walked from here to Baltimore during the Civil war.
Fort Mchenry - in Baltimore Francis Scott Key wrote the star spangled banner here.
Visit Mount Vernon - Walk up the washington Monument and eat at the GREAT restaurants. I recommend the Helmand, Sotto Sopra and the City Cafe. Visit the Walters Art gallery and the Center Stage theater. Mount Vernon—Belvedere Association | Visiting Mount Vernon

Maryland Wine - No it's not an oxymoron, Visit Boordy Vineyards (http://www.boordy.com/main.html - broken link)

Visit the "Hood" - You can have the "Wire" experience without all the crime. The best Caribbean food in Baltimore IMO is at Judy's Island Bake Shop (410) 367-2657‎ on Park Heights in Baltimore. You can also find fresh seafood, produce and game at Lexington market. Baltimore has Little Korea. The food and reastaurants are just like some of the places I dined at in seoul. Try NamKang 410) 685-6237‎. Next to it is an authentic seoul-style dore-bang (karaoke room), but I think the sign is in Korean. It might be fun to try to find it.

Horses - Visit the Northern Baltimore County/Carrol County area for beautiful horse farms and golf. http://www.huntvalleygc.com See horses and Hounds on the maryland scenic byways map: http://www.marylandroads.com/oed/Mar...enicByways.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland