Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2007, 07:01 PM

10 posts, read 46,882 times

Advertisements

I now live in the Salisbury area, and I'm trying to find events and things to do socially. Unfortunately, I'm 19 years old, and it seems as if it's difficult to find much in the way of interesting stuff going on here. I don't want to give up, though, so I'm seeing what I can find on the internet. Are there any long time natives who can suggest places that I could look for interesting social or cultural things?

Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2007, 08:49 PM

2 posts, read 8,055 times
I have son's who are 19 and 20. What type of activities do you like?

Old 12-29-2007, 08:47 AM

168 posts, read 672,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abutayi View Post
I now live in the Salisbury area, and I'm trying to find events and things to do socially. Unfortunately, I'm 19 years old, and it seems as if it's difficult to find much in the way of interesting stuff going on here. I don't want to give up, though, so I'm seeing what I can find on the internet. Are there any long time natives who can suggest places that I could look for interesting social or cultural things?

Thanks for your help!
Ive been here for about 2 yrs and have been asking myself the same questions. Truth is, there isnt that much to do here. You have the mall, movie theater, the Sports complex in Fruitland, the zoo and the bowling alley in Salisbury. During the summer months there is the Delmarva Shorebirds or any of the local beaches. If you are a sportsman or have abundant money to throw at the events/activities in OC then that can be fun but nothing will be cheap. Otherwise IMHO the shore is incredibly boring.

BTW Ive asked the "natives" that were born and raised here and everything I mentioned is pretty much it. They too agreed that there isnt much to do. It is what it is. Im sure others will disagree with me but I dont have my "the shore is the greatest place to live" eyeglasses on. My .02.

Old 01-11-2008, 08:57 AM

10 posts, read 46,882 times
My favorite activities are cultural events of various sorts, especially art and music. I've found a small gallery here, but that's pretty much the extent of it. Occasionally the University appears to put on a musical presentation, too. More broadly, though, I like activities where I get to meet and interact with people, especially unique people. Things like walking around a market, rather than taking a solitary hike in the woods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
View detailed profiles of: