Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2009, 08:07 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,934,612 times

Advertisements

Sorry if this is a a repeat question; I did a search and didn't come up with anything.

I'm entertaining a job offer in Annapolis, but think I'd really like to live in DC (I like the cosmopolitan feel of a city and as a gay man, the gay community there). Would it be torturous to live in DC and commute to Annapolis? Also, if anyone knows of a "city feeling" town between the two? Thanks for any help provided.

I'm excited to be leaving Florida! I love the sunshine and palm trees, but this place can really wear on you (if you wonder why, just check out the FL forums sometime LOL).

Thanks Again,
Lior
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2009, 05:44 PM

2,270 posts, read 9,145,316 times
We're in the process of relocating to the Baltimore area and have looked at Annapolis, and one thing we've learned is that a lot of people are commuting from Annapolis TO DC. So if you are going the other way, on the plus side you would be reverse commuting. On the minus side, all traffic in the DC area is tortuous. I've lived in the DC area before, and everything I know of between DC and Annapolis is just suburban feeling, not "city feeling".

Old 11-18-2009, 06:39 PM

230 posts, read 859,511 times
There's a commuter bus from DC to Annapolis: Dillon's Bus Service

It's a reverse commute, so it won't be a bad drive; I think it takes about 45 minutes.

Old 11-19-2009, 01:31 AM

49 posts, read 162,600 times
just remember to take into account that during the warm months, traffic glitches always, alwasy, ALWAYS occur with the thousands of people going to Ocean City and the other beaches on the Bay.

there's only one way across to the eastern shore, unless you drive all the way up to delaware and then come back south, so all the feeder routes become clogged feeding into the bridge.

also, down in bowie, along a major route to the eastern shore, is baysock stadium, right by route 50, where they play baseball, and in the summer that seriously and majorly ramps up the traffic jams, in addition to folks going to OC.

hope your move goes well.

kaydeb
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland