Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2009, 08:26 PM
ECX ECX started this thread

71 posts, read 274,958 times

Advertisements

I currently live in Wilmington DE and am looking to move to a smaller town near the water. I love boating, fishing etc... Have 2 kids 8 & 10 so need good family communities with good schools.

Any help and/or opinions appreciated.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2009, 06:47 AM

84 posts, read 241,462 times
Default Moving to Eastern Shore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECX View Post
I currently live in Wilmington DE and am looking to move to a smaller town near the water. I love boating, fishing etc... Have 2 kids 8 & 10 so need good family communities with good schools.

Thanks!
You may want to look at Easton, St. Michaels as well as Cambridge, nice areas. If you would like more details let me know.

Old 12-26-2009, 09:38 AM

845 posts, read 2,830,631 times
You can check school statistics/ rankings anywhere in the USA on the "Great Schools Net" website.

Old 12-27-2009, 12:38 AM

8 posts, read 37,571 times
Glorybeecosta,

I would love more info on Easton/ St. Michaels/ Cambridge area as I am considering moving to that vicinity in the near future. Any feedback on schools and how each one of the three compares would be greatly appreciated. THanks!

Old 12-27-2009, 08:42 PM

829 posts, read 2,955,199 times
I live outside of Cambridge a couple miles...cambridge has a bad rep, but still has some nice areas...easton is known for being a bit nicer...as well as st michaels...cambridge/dorchester county is very popular for boating, fishing, crabbing, hunting, etc...the whole eastern shore is...but the choptank in cambridge is very popular for boating and outdoor life...

let me know if i can assist you any more.

Old 12-28-2009, 04:17 PM

12 posts, read 50,722 times
Kent Island !! Buildin a new community " Gibsons Grant " .. great schools all close to one another, surrounded by water... great place to live.

Old 12-29-2009, 10:46 AM

13 posts, read 29,997 times
This is just what I'm looking for! My family and I currently live on Long Island. We're feeling like we're at a dead end. We pay over $7,000 for our little .43 acre property and 3 bdrm/2bath house. We're looking at Maryland as well. We'd like to live and work on an organic farm. My DH is a talented woodworker and wood like a workshop on the property as well. I've seen farms like this for sale on the internet in Dorchester and Caroline counties, but I'm not sure how well we'd fit in. We're pretty crunchy and would like to live in a community of people we can get along with. We're also not religious. We'd like to avoid people who would look down on us because we don't go to church would like to steer clear of confederate-flag-flyers. ;-)
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Old 01-10-2010, 06:46 AM

I have lived on the eastern shore for 30 years and know Dorchester and Caroline Counties, as well as Talbot and Queen Anne here in Maryland. I find the locals to be very lovely and will accept anyone. Talbot has the lowest taxes, but the proerty prices are higher than the other counties in general. The reglious belief will not interfer with you acceptance in the area. I cam a a meto area and have been accepted wonderful, and have no desire to leave the eastern shore. I work in all 4 counties and know them well.

Old 01-10-2010, 07:16 AM

Default Smaller waterfront areas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECX View Post

Thanks!

Reply:
St. Michaels, Easton, Queen Anne Counties are all waterfront areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland