Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 03:01 AM

15 posts, read 60,806 times

Advertisements

My Wife and I Are planning on buying and relocating to Maryland. What would be a good location ?
Would Like any suggestion ?
What County is best to buy a house at?
My wife is originally from Philly and wants to be a little bit closer to home...
We are at the time coming from Upstate New York but my wife hates it here because there isnt nothing to do ... So please if anyone can tell us it would be gladly appericated....:conf used:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2007, 07:17 AM

22 posts, read 153,414 times
If you are moving to the Baltimore, MD Metro Area, I would recommend Baltimore County as it is pretty suburban and is near to Baltimore where there are plenty of things to do and Washington, DC is only an hour or so drive where there are even more nightclubs and stuff to do. Baltimore is also about a little over 2 hours from Philly, so it would be doable if you wanted to take a day trip to Philly. I would recommend the Towson area, Dundalk, Essex, Rosedale, Parkville, Middle River or any place North or east of Baltimore City. Avoid Owings Mills And Randallstown areas of Baltimore County as they have a higher crime rate.

Old 05-19-2007, 11:13 AM

thanks I'll keep that in mind and Do some more research on those area's thanks....

Old 05-19-2007, 07:56 PM

9 posts, read 62,132 times
My husband and I are originally from Philly and we just moved to Bel Air, MD. It is about 30 minutes north of Baltimore, and it is 1 1/2 hour ride to northeast Philly. Bel Air is a nice area to live and the schools are good!

Old 05-19-2007, 08:20 PM

We have been also looking into cecil county how is it there and is it mulitcultural give us anyadvice or input because we are planning to buy a house and we would love to enjoy our neighborhood and house and not have to worry about a thing....please keep giving us advice an any ideas on great or good areas trying to decieded if this is the right move for us before we buy ....also need something multicultural being that we are a multicultural Couple...

Last edited by boopalushious; 05-19-2007 at 08:50 PM..

Old 05-19-2007, 09:28 PM

131 posts, read 693,480 times
Might want to come further south into Harford Co. You'd probably find it more multicultural.

Cecil County:

As of the census² of 2000, there were 85,951 people, 31,223 households, and 23,292 families residing in the county. The racial makeup of the county was 93.39% White, 3.91% Black or African American, 0.33% Native American, 0.69% Asian, 0.03% Pacific Islander, 0.50% from other races, and 1.15% from two or more races. 1.52% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.

Harford County:

As of the census² of 2000, there were 218,590 people, 79,667 households, and 60,387 families residing in the county. The racial makeup of the county was 86.77% White, 9.27% Black or African American, 0.23% Native American, 1.52% Asian, 0.06% Pacific Islander, 0.69% from other races, and 1.47% from two or more races. 1.91% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.

Last edited by hokiejane; 05-19-2007 at 10:05 PM..

Old 05-21-2007, 02:43 PM

thanks for all the advice we are still undecieded where to Buy our house so if anyone else would like to help us out we would gladly appericated, Also we Need to know where are all the good job we are also looking for things to do in our town that we decided to purchase a house ... We need it to be a small town with things to do and nice neighbors we do have plans to have kids and need it to be kid oriented too so please keep giving us area which may work we will do the research and decieded but we would love input from the people who are actually living out there and how you like your area thanks In advance ....

Old 05-22-2007, 08:44 AM

471 posts, read 1,830,020 times
Like troz, there are many neighbors that live in Harford County that transplanted from NYC. I'm one of the only rarities in my neighborhood that actually lived in maryland

Old 05-22-2007, 08:57 AM

336 posts, read 716,264 times
We have some friends who are a multicultural couple who live in Severn in Anne Arundel County...they seem to be in a great neighborhood with great neighbors and schools but the houses are expensive for little property.

Just out of curiosity but what part of upstate NY are you in because I'm in the Capital Region and lack of things to do is far from anything on my list of reasons to leave here. Instead it's the cost of living, allergies, etc. I, on the other hand, think there is tons to do around here depending on what you like.

Old 05-23-2007, 01:47 PM

How About North east Maryland hOw is it there ?
So Far MY wife and I are interested in a couple of house in North East Maryland , Elkton Maryland , we been also looking into communities so if anyone has any idea feel free to repost and also were are the best jobs maybe that can help us too ...Also been looing In Harford County My realtor said there up an coming town and worth the buy but would liek to get the people who live there input....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland