U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-27-2010, 08:05 AM

23 posts, read 57,437 times

Advertisements

Pasadena MD....what can you tell me about the city. My son/family will be renting a home there in about a week. They have a 2 year old and a 5 month old. By the way, how far is it to BWI from there?? Thanks
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 11:19 AM

18 posts, read 55,670 times
15 mins to BWI - What part of Pasadena? Pasadena is a very spread out community that has some areas that are much more desirable than others...

Old 01-29-2010, 10:14 PM

213 posts, read 284,714 times
Green Haven area in Pasadena is not a good place, but overall it's OK. Some areas are much nicer than others.

Old 04-27-2010, 03:16 PM

2 posts, read 6,882 times
pasadena is a great little water town, although, as others have stated, there are some shady areas. i lived in greenhaven for about a year, and had no trouble, but it's not the nicest part of pasadena. also, be aware that there are about 43 sex offenders in pasadena last time i checked. just do a sex offender search so that you know where they are in relation to your son's home.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:56 PM

2 posts, read 6,406 times
Ive lived in Pasadena, MD for 20 years. It's a nice area, and good schools. There isn't alot of crime.

Check out this forum.

Pasadena, MD

Old 06-19-2010, 06:37 AM

1,717 posts, read 2,688,902 times
Pasadena is okay. It's typical Anne Arundel Co. There is no actual city or even town for that matter. More like commercial sprawl surround by residential sprawl.

Old 07-26-2011, 07:31 AM

1 posts, read 2,706 times
Default Looking at houses

I'm going to look at a townhome in Elizabeth Landing this week and was wondering if anyone had any input on the neighborhood and community.

Old 07-27-2011, 11:43 AM

296 posts, read 589,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MD_FF View Post
I'm going to look at a townhome in Elizabeth Landing this week and was wondering if anyone had any input on the neighborhood and community.
When I was looking at that community back in 2008, my realtor told me that Elizabeth Landing was a transient community, meaning that there were alot of renters.

Last edited by samstersmom; 07-27-2011 at 11:46 AM.. Reason: spelling error

Old 09-08-2011, 05:54 PM

10 posts, read 13,876 times
My family and I are relocating to the balt/annapolis area and found a nice house in Green Haven, but from what I am reading it sounds like we should look elsewhere. Is that correct? We have a 5 year old son that is in Kindergarten so I am concerned about schools too. Any insight would be great along with other areas to look at. I know Severna Park is good, but it is pretty pricey. We are middle of the road in the price range.
Thanks

Old 10-04-2011, 07:55 PM

32 posts, read 53,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyruben View Post
My family and I are relocating to the balt/annapolis area and found a nice house in Green Haven, but from what I am reading it sounds like we should look elsewhere. Is that correct? We have a 5 year old son that is in Kindergarten so I am concerned about schools too. Any insight would be great along with other areas to look at. I know Severna Park is good, but it is pretty pricey. We are middle of the road in the price range.
Thanks
Your son would attend High Point Elementary if you moved to Green Haven...it's a nice little school.

Green Haven's OK...not the best in Pasadena but not the worst by any means. Severna Park is very expensive. Your money will go a lot farther in Pasadena than it will in Severna Park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland