Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 08:49 PM

2,035 posts, read 3,351,327 times

Advertisements

It sounds better and better...

And i have no problem staying put... i like to read and look at the water
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2011, 02:20 PM

84 posts, read 200,293 times
I have been going to Hideaway every summer for 26 years! I love it. The best cottages are the ones closest to the front (Close to Buttermilk Bay). The village is actually a detached condo complex. If you have any questions at all please ask! I am probably the most knowledgeable person about the development.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:18 PM

Thank You!

Old 08-08-2011, 10:48 PM

I'm back to ask another question...

I'm probably heading up to see a few cottages that are for sale in this neighborhood by the end of the month, and also in other areas if i have the time.

I've recently been told that the "fees and utilities" are going up at Hideaway Village - I know that would be the HOA fee, but what utilities? Like sewer and water - is that paid thru the association?

Just wondering if anyone knows more about this, thanks.

Old 08-09-2011, 05:57 AM

16,042 posts, read 21,971,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybean50 View Post
Thank you.

It really looks nice there. The location is awesome, and they allow dogs. I'm going to look further into it.
JB, now Im following YOU around lol (BDL on the retirement forum cited this thread).

I spent my summers growing up on Cape Cod. It has so many attractions and is also a major tourist area with lots of traffic and expensive in summer.

I would be interested in taking a trip back there to see what it's like in the winter months.

I checked out the Hideaway website and the photo gallery link is not working, and I find no info on the costs of living there. All I see is a nondescript map of the village layout. Where/how do you see all this?

Old 08-09-2011, 07:50 AM

1,038 posts, read 3,997,347 times
Your best bet is to contact the HOA directly for fees, possible increases, and what's included. I'd say ask the Realtor but it's always "buyer beware". Make sure you get the information from the source, if at all possible.
Good Luck!!!!!

Old 08-10-2011, 01:33 AM

Thanks cathy!

newenglandgirl - I search on realtor.com or trulia.com for Bourne and/or Buzzards Bay and i can kind of recogize the cottages when they come up now as listings. If not, you can click on them and they will sometimes say Hideaway Village. You can also Google 'Hideaway Village for sale,' and sometimes hit on something.

As to the actual info, i correspond now and then with someone who lives there, and a realtor. I'm going up around Aug. 24 to look at a few of them. I've loved Cape Cod my whole life also, and traveled there for years. This certain area is good, becuz it's the upper cape and you dont have to battle quite as much traffic.

Old 08-10-2011, 05:43 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,971,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybean50 View Post
Thanks cathy!

newenglandgirl - I search on realtor.com or trulia.com for Bourne and/or Buzzards Bay and i can kind of recogize the cottages when they come up now as listings. If not, you can click on them and they will sometimes say Hideaway Village. You can also Google 'Hideaway Village for sale,' and sometimes hit on something.

As to the actual info, i correspond now and then with someone who lives there, and a realtor. I'm going up around Aug. 24 to look at a few of them. I've loved Cape Cod my whole life also, and traveled there for years. This certain area is good, becuz it's the upper cape and you dont have to battle quite as much traffic.
Wow, of 6 listings I see, there is a wide range of prices, from 69K to $219K, all for homes less that 450 sq ft. I would be a bit leery of that kind of price spread for such similar homes in one village.

Old 08-10-2011, 06:55 PM

I know that some people there are losing their homes to the bank, hence they might be the cheaper prices.

Also i'm thinking the ones near the beach/bay cost more. And YES - they are all very small lol. There is no other way for me to afford a house near the ocean on Cape Cod! But - i'm still looking, and Maine is still my first choice.

Old 03-10-2012, 05:57 AM

1 posts, read 2,127 times
Default hideaway condos

Hi I have a cottage in Hideaway Village and have been going there for all of my life (43 yrs) I now have a 2 yr old daughter and can't wait for the summer to start!!! I have so many fun memories of vacationing there during the summer from swimming,fishing,playing in the sand,catching fire flys at night and now that I'm older just relaxing on my deck and working in my gardens.I am the 3rd generation to own this cottage so I am especially fond of Hideaway.As with any vacation spot the cottages are very very close together but I am lucky and have wonderful neighbors who respect my privacy and are very friendly,there have been break ins this winter( my place being one of them) but I think the present economy is to blame for that.The "offseason" is so peaceful and pretty there.I don't know if you plan on living there year round or if you are going to be a summer bum I hope this has been helpful and I really don't think you will regret making Hideaway your new home.Best wishes and good luck!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts