U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 09:40 AM

33 posts, read 192,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AandD View Post
Coupon clipping services...
I've thought about it, and have actually purchased 10 copies of a specific coupon this way, but its still going to be around $4-5 including shipping to get both inserts.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2012, 10:01 PM

2 posts, read 7,287 times
Where i live at i get the old sunday papers from the 7-11 stores when they go to throw them away.sometimes they will even save the papers for you if you call for them.

Old 01-16-2012, 02:42 PM

2,134 posts, read 1,937,010 times
I'm a couponer in RI, so I was hoping someone had real answers to your question! If the Providence Journal is available in your area, it's only $3 but it's so thin these days I hate to even pay that.

How about the larger local papers? I know that sometimes they have regular inserts on Saturday if they don't publish on Sunday. In RI, I think the Pawtucket Times does that - maybe Worcester has a similar paper?

Also, I'm finding that more and more I don't even need to buy the Sunday paper because now Smart Source is being mailed to my home along with the Red Plum inserts. Again, that may be only because the coupon folks got hold of my name or because the Projo had bled subscribers so badly that the advertisers HAVE to do this. And of course, always check coupons.com, coupon.network.com, pillsbury, etc for internet printables - often a better deal anyway. (check www.mavenofsavin
.com)

Old 01-16-2012, 03:18 PM

1,395 posts, read 4,707,474 times
We get a couple of free papers in my mailbox every Thurs/Fri. There are usually coupons in there. Walmart.com has coupons at the bottom of their website if you look carefully. A lot can be found online.

When I lived in NC you could pick up the Sunday paper at Dollar Tree for $1 on Mondays. I have no idea here.

Old 01-19-2012, 01:21 PM

422 posts, read 1,326,620 times
if there are specific coupons that you wanna get your hands on....your best bet is to just buy them on ebay. usually, for a small token+shipping...you'll be able to get a stack of a specific coupon that you want. buying newspapers just for coupons is kinda hit-or-miss (unless of course if you do read the papers diligently that it's not a waste)....not all coupons are useful to you. and usually, you wanna match the coupons to the current ongoing sales at your local shops.

Old 01-20-2012, 02:31 PM

5,572 posts, read 5,092,377 times
Couponmom.com generally has coupons from redplum and others. It also tells you some coupons coming out about ahalf week beforehand. It has coupons you can print out and works OK.

The patriot ledger and brockton enterprise have coupons although I don't think they get redplum. For awhile they didn't have any but it was not fully explained as to why.

Old 11-11-2012, 06:16 PM

6 posts, read 11,668 times
I know this post is older, but the Boston Herald is just $2.00 and gets about 90% of the same coups as the Globe. If you like the Globe, a subscription would be cheaper (usually just $2-3 when there are specials), but if you are only buying a paper just for coupons, you may want to do the math to see what is better for you. There aren't coupons in every Sunday paper, usually during holidays weekends their aren't any inserts. Also, depending on where you live, there may be a cheap local newspaper. I think on the North Shore theirs a paper for .50 that offers all the same inserts as the globe and herald.

Old 11-11-2012, 08:03 PM

4,228 posts, read 5,356,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AandD View Post
I believe that if the trash/recycling bin is on any part of the street or sidewalk it is free game for diving....
Some jurisdictions have anti-scavenging laws (meaning that recyclable material belongs to them, not just anyone) so proceed with caution. Also, if you rummage through your neighbor's recycling, don't expect to be very popular in your neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts