U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 08-03-2011, 07:32 AM

3 posts, read 4,983 times
I'm glad to get this post going again. As i said to posts ago, I am looking for a proposal spot in the Amherst/Western Mass area. We are going to be staying in Amherst, but anywhere in Western Mass. Ideally private and descent shade since it will be about 85 degrees. Please let me know of any and all ideas! Much appreciated!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 08-03-2011, 08:05 AM

796 posts, read 1,465,810 times
Default Bartholomew's Cobble

That is a very beautiful place with trails along a lazy stretch of the Housatonic and I haven't had any particular trouble there myself with bugs. Where I have had extreme bug problems in mid-summer: hiking into the Dana center area of the Quabbin lands west of Petersham, and on Old Town Hill in Newbury. But not in the Berkshires or in the Conn Valley. As N. E. Girl writes, Quabbin might be just right--not the wild lands but Quabbin Park which you reach off route 9. Beautiful spots there. What about the Arcadia wildlife sanctuary in Easthampton? I remember some nice stretches there along the Oxbow.

Unread 08-03-2011, 12:22 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,428,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beagle726 View Post
I'm glad to get this post going again. As i said to posts ago, I am looking for a proposal spot in the Amherst/Western Mass area. We are going to be staying in Amherst, but anywhere in Western Mass. Ideally private and descent shade since it will be about 85 degrees. Please let me know of any and all ideas! Much appreciated!!
Hmmnn...sounds like you are writing a travel guidebook and using the posters to do your research..... Just wondering....

Unread 08-03-2011, 04:47 PM

3 posts, read 4,983 times
hahaha not a bad idea, but i promise i'm just a lost guy trying to find the best place to propose. writing a guidebook seems like an easier task at this point!

Unread 08-04-2011, 09:08 AM

6,376 posts, read 3,796,549 times
Well, a nice place to propose would be Skinner Park on top of Mt Holyoke off rte 47 going south. Romantic drive to get up there, breathtaking views of the valley, and if it hasn't changed, there were little shelters to sit under or you could walk on the path and find a private rock to sit on for privacy.

Unread 08-04-2011, 01:51 PM

158 posts, read 242,840 times
Maybe its too obvious and cliche for locals, but I still love the views on top of Sugarloaf.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts