Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 08:04 PM

1,260 posts, read 1,680,823 times

Advertisements

I'd hate to break this too you, but there are Wiccans, Pagans "Witches" everywhere. 2 of my best friends in High School in the 80's were witches. They still are 25 years later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2011, 08:35 PM

160 posts, read 568,924 times
I don't think people are trying to avoid your question. I just think most are generally disagreeing that there is a huge witchcraft presence in Salem (other than for historical purposes), so it is hard to measure how that would impact Marblehead...

Old 04-19-2011, 11:03 AM

3,671 posts, read 7,359,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ck96 View Post
As for my question, will someone PLEASE just tell me how much witchcraft is in Marblehead compared to Salem.

There is the same amount of witchcraft in Marblehead as there is in Ipswich.

Old 04-20-2011, 09:36 PM

11 posts, read 67,161 times
Witchcraft is no present in the daily life of 90% of the population in Salem ever. I have lived next door to Salem for most of my life. The witchcraft shtick comes out around for Halloween for tourist dollars and then disappears. Yes there are some wiccans in Salem but they are a small minority and do not influence the city as much as you seem to think, barely at all actually.

Salem isn't any different than any other town I have been to in New England, and I have lived here my whole life.

I am guessing you visited Salem once during Halloween and assume that it is always like that, but it is not. If you were to move to Salem or Marblehead the chances of you interacting with a wicca in your daily life is slim.

Old 04-21-2011, 11:03 AM

14,462 posts, read 11,207,014 times
Why am I thinking of the movie Carrie?

Just curious though, are you worried your kids will be sacrificed or something?

Old 04-28-2011, 01:18 PM

341 posts, read 669,259 times
very close!

Old 04-30-2011, 12:43 AM

142 posts, read 567,019 times
NONE! Marblehead is an affluent community, ZERO WICCAN, WITCH, WHATEVER INFLUENCE. I have several families members from Marblehead and I live in Swampscott, so I know the area well.

Old 05-01-2011, 03:36 PM

10,721 posts, read 23,645,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ck96 View Post
will someone PLEASE just answer my question. I am not looking for anyone telling me that I am wrong for my opinion on Salem. Salem was a fine place when I visited it but it is not something I want to be around constantly. I agree with what many people have said about it not affecting the way I raise my kids, but it is not something I personally wish to be around. It is just my opinion so please respect it.

As for my question, will someone PLEASE just tell me how much witchcraft is in Marblehead compared to Salem.
Your questions are actually being answered, and very honestly, so what more are you asking for? Sorry you don't like the answers but many are just pointing out that you clearly have misconceptions about Salem, witchcraft, and wiccans. And Marblehead has a totally different character, much more nautical related, and suburban affluence than Salem. There is no correlation between Marblehead and your witchcraft superstitions about Salem.

Old 05-02-2011, 01:04 PM

45 posts, read 180,318 times
I disagree. There is a HEAVY withcraft element in Salem and equally heavy warlock contingent. I walk around with crystals in my pocket so Im totally good with it all but I dont know anyone who spends much time in Salem that doesnt employ some type of protection (i.e. spells, potions, cloaking mechanisms etc). Typical of witchcraft areas, Salem needs a source of supply and finds it in Marblehead. I know of two cauldron stores, a pet store that only sells black cats, and several flying broom outlets.

Any of the above posters who deny the witchcraft element..well, i dont think i need to say it but...theyre probably witches.

I hope this answers your question and if you need any more advice (about anything at all both witch and non-witch related) come straight to me.

Old 05-02-2011, 02:56 PM

10,721 posts, read 23,645,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badluck View Post
I disagree. There is a HEAVY withcraft element in Salem and equally heavy warlock contingent. I walk around with crystals in my pocket so Im totally good with it all but I dont know anyone who spends much time in Salem that doesnt employ some type of protection (i.e. spells, potions, cloaking mechanisms etc). Typical of witchcraft areas, Salem needs a source of supply and finds it in Marblehead. I know of two cauldron stores, a pet store that only sells black cats, and several flying broom outlets.

Any of the above posters who deny the witchcraft element..well, i dont think i need to say it but...theyre probably witches.

I hope this answers your question and if you need any more advice (about anything at all both witch and non-witch related) come straight to me.
OK you're absolutely right, in fact I was walking through Old town Marblehead the other day and saw what appeared to be a benevolent Granny until she whipped out her wand and transformed a child into a toad when she cast a spell. This epidemic is happening all over the North Shore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts