Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2008, 03:41 AM

4 posts, read 10,578 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I am looking for some help on learning more about the Hull/Scituate/Norwell area. I am originally from the Boston area and love the city. Currently, my husband and I are living in Milan, Italy and we are heading back to the New England area. I have a job offer in Hull (teaching for a private company) and one offer in Connecticut. We are trying to research both areas before choosing an offer. It is difficult for us to learn more about the area since we cannot visit the locations before we will be moving! Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

The main considerations for us are:

-We are a young couple that love to travel, love the Red Sox and love meeting new people. We are not looking for a college/party community, however we want to avoid sleepy 'retirement' areas as well. We are looking for a location that offers a lot for an active lifestyle for a modern mid-20's couple, but also has a neighborhood & community feeling.

-Ideally we would like to live close to where we work. If I would be working in Hull, I would like to be able to bike when the weather is nice and only drive a few miles when the weather is not ideal.

-We would want an easy commute into Boston since we both love the city and since my husband would be working in the Boston area and would need to commute to the city using public transportation.

-We are also committed to using our cars less and using our bikes/walking/public transportation as much as possible. We would love to live in an area where we could walk/bike to local grocery stores, clothing stores, post office, convenience stores, etc.

-We do not have kids nor do we plan on it in the next few years, however, schools might be a consideration in about 5 years or so.

If anyone that lives in the area or knows anything about this area or has suggestions that we could look into, I would be very appreciative!

Thank you in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts