Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 08:09 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,032,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinB View Post
Glad to hear you had a good move. How's Artie? West Hartford , I always thought, was nice, but I never saw much of it. I also liked Worcester, I have a friend that went to whoopie tech.
Thanks, Austin! Artie's doing great. He wasn't loving that I was making him poop in the back yard, but the hot dog pieces are making the process a bit easier on him.

Worcester is VERY different from West Hartford, especially the cul de sac where we lived in WH. It's a perfect example of the difference between city and suburb.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2011, 12:30 PM

1,940 posts, read 3,593,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purr View Post
I'm considering buying a place house on Kingsbury St. Does anyone knows about this street or neighborhood to give me some advice? Thanks,
I personally would never live in that area. I know someone that grew up on Dewey Street, which isn't far from Kingsbury and it wasn't that bad. I am just not fond of that whole square between Park Ave, May Street, Chandler Street, and Main Street. You could always call the Worcester Police and ask about the area. I do know there are some sketchy areas in that square.

Old 10-08-2011, 06:14 PM

2 posts, read 2,362 times
OK thanks, Minicoop.

Old 10-08-2011, 09:28 PM

48 posts, read 109,633 times
purr. def not. i grew up there before i got adopted. that and king st. AVOID

Old 10-09-2011, 01:33 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,457,116 times
There are some nice areas off of Salisbury St. We lived across from Notre Dame Academy in Westwood Hills between the time I was 10 to 15 years old in the late 60s and early 70s. I have some fond memories of Worcester and The Bancroft School. It had a lot less going for it back then I understand. We had moved from Wellesley Hills to Worcester and my mother hated the fact that there were no "good" restaurants ( The Worcester Club my father was a member of was the only place that had anything close to gourmet food.) The Worcester Art Museum did impress her however. We all liked the pizza places in Worcester too. Also the Crown Bakery was really special and Cottage Donuts. Are they still there?

Old 10-09-2011, 02:55 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,032,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
There are some nice areas off of Salisbury St. We lived across from Notre Dame Academy in Westwood Hills between the time I was 10 to 15 years old in the late 60s and early 70s. I have some fond memories of Worcester and The Bancroft School. It had a lot less going for it back then I understand. We had moved from Wellesley Hills to Worcester and my mother hated the fact that there were no "good" restaurants ( The Worcester Club my father was a member of was the only place that had anything close to gourmet food.) The Worcester Art Museum did impress her however. We all liked the pizza places in Worcester too. Also the Crown Bakery was really special and Cottage Donuts. Are they still there?
Hiii!

We just moved to Worcester from Connecticut. We live on a street that's off Salisbury and, yes, Crown Bakery is still around. I don't know about the donut place, though.

Old 10-09-2011, 05:35 PM

1,940 posts, read 3,593,245 times
Emilybh, don't I see you on the Charleston forums? What a small world. We both lived in the same area in MA and both ended up in the same area of SC!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts