U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 09-08-2011, 08:51 AM

4 posts, read 3,069 times
Default Questions about Beverly, MA?

If I obtain a job in Beverly, MA and I have no car, would it even be possible? I am a single 50 year old woman with no children. I am used to having to walk for every little thing. I don't bike but I guess I could try it if I had to. I have lived in 3 big cities since the early eighties so I am used to walking & taking public transportation. I have lived with an awareness of crime since the first big city, & don't overdo chances on where to live & go, but I am also more used to stuff that goes with big cities. I would need to get to work & back, & also be able to get everything I need in some way; food, doctor visits, clothes, etc. I could also forget about applying for the job. I know little towns are not famous for public transportation & services but sometimes there are oases. The job would not pay that much. I am far from rich & would be renting, & I would be moving out from downtown Phladelphia. Do people who work in Beverly; would they be more likely to live closer to Boston & commute to work on the trains? Sorry I know so little about the North Shore. I have never been to Beverly. I lived in Boston & Cambridge in the early 80's. Been so long & I don't know anyone there anymore to ask. I had access to a car then but I don't even rememer how far away the North Shore is. Any information would be appreciated! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts