Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 07:37 PM

940 posts, read 1,935,668 times

Advertisements

Wegmans opening in Mass. Sunday, Oct. 16

I don't know where Northborough is but this is supposed to be the hottest grocery store in US. My mom went to the one in Maryland, and she couldn't stop talking about it, I know she will make me go with her to check this one out. She said it had a whole isle of every kind of tea from all over the world. I know it's a little ridiculous, but it's huge and has the best variety you can find anywhere. You can spend a whole day there. They have other home products, too. And, there are no sales, because it's always low-price!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2011, 10:29 PM

23,548 posts, read 18,693,959 times
Never been in one, but anything that gives Stop & Shop and Shaw's a run for their money is welcome.

Northborough, it's 2 towns east of Worcester off of Rte. 9.

Westwood was supposed to get one originally, but all the NIMBY yahoos in town blew it.

Old 10-14-2011, 10:57 PM

28 posts, read 71,745 times
I've been to one in Ithaca, NY before and it was very nice, everyone I've ever known that has lived around one loved it. They've also been rated one of the best places to work years running as well.

Old 10-15-2011, 12:41 AM

2,310 posts, read 6,824,560 times
I wish it was closer to the east part of MA. Can't justify driving 40+ min there and back on a regular basis, given the gas price.

Old 10-15-2011, 09:28 AM

26,656 posts, read 28,670,889 times
I think there will be more. I've heard that they also have a little restaurant type thing in their stores. I've seen that in the UK and it's really convenient and sensible. They let you park your shopping cart using a token that you get back. Then you get your food and sit at a table and eat your meal. You got real meals too--not just a slice of pizza or a hamburg. I hope this part of Wegman's is true.

Old 10-15-2011, 11:25 AM

28 posts, read 71,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I think there will be more. I've heard that they also have a little restaurant type thing in their stores. I've seen that in the UK and it's really convenient and sensible. They let you park your shopping cart using a token that you get back. Then you get your food and sit at a table and eat your meal. You got real meals too--not just a slice of pizza or a hamburg. I hope this part of Wegman's is true.
Thats correct, its like the hot food at Whole Foods, except there was a seating area as well. Basically just a small cafe type deal if I remember correctly.

Also, they are definitely planning on expanding to more locations in the state beyond just this location.

Old 10-15-2011, 11:28 AM

10,014 posts, read 15,659,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmyk72 View Post
I wish it was closer to the east part of MA. Can't justify driving 40+ min there and back on a regular basis, given the gas price.
There's going to be one opening in Burlington.

Old 10-15-2011, 12:15 PM

93,286 posts, read 123,898,066 times
Yes, it is based in Rochester NY(technically in suburban Gates). It is very nice and here in NY, the store sizes can vary. I believe the Wegmans in the Eastern suburbs of Syracuse is the biggest supermarkets in either the Northeast or country. Interestingly, east of Syracuse, they are non existant in NY with the exception of one in the Hudson Valley. Great place for a high schooler to work at and the stores here in NY have the Hillside Work Scholarship program for at risk students: Hillside Family of Agencies

Hillside Family of Agencies

It's also a great place to work at in general. I believe they have employee scholarships for other high Schiller's too.

Old 10-15-2011, 01:48 PM

160 posts, read 571,611 times
Everyone is so excited here. Some people are setting their alarms for the 7 am grand opening tomorrow. I heard they have a vegetable chopping station!

Old 10-16-2011, 09:33 AM

278 posts, read 703,131 times
Wegmans is more expensive than Stop & Shop etc...., but it is well worth it. I'll make this my new supermarket as I live about 5 minutes away, but not for a few weeks. Need to let the gawker crown die down a little first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts