Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 07:56 AM

22 posts, read 48,718 times

Advertisements

I might be biased, but Hopkinton has a great school system! The drive into Worcester isn't too bad either ( did it for 69 days in '00 when our son decided to come 3 months early).

There seems to be, IMHO, a lot of homes in your price range here in Hopkinton. It just depends on which side you want to be in. We live closer to the Westboro/Upton line.

Hope this helps (a little). Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2012, 12:25 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bos-Wor View Post
Hello,
My wife now works at a hospital in Worcester and I work in the financial district in Boston. We currently live in a condo with our one year old in Watertown but we want to move to a house.

I would take the train into Boston but my wife needs to drive because of her odd hours.

We have been looking at houses in Southborough and Hopkinton but have had trouble finding something we like that minimizes our commutes.

We are hoping to have a drive of <= 30 minutes for my wife and a short drive to the train for me.

Anyone have any good advice for us???

Thanks
I live in North Framingham, about 10 minutes north of 90. It's a straight shot in either direction. Pretty easy. Towns that are close to 90 in this area are south Sudbury, I think Weston and Wayland.

Old 01-10-2012, 01:23 PM

609 posts, read 2,243,578 times
You might want to live close to the train line that goes to South Station. Shrewsbury, Westboro all the way upto Natick could be good options. Since the wife drives odd hours, it might be better to be "closer" to Worcester near the Worcester line.

Old 01-12-2012, 11:53 AM

5 posts, read 9,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durannie81 View Post
I might be biased, but Hopkinton has a great school system! The drive into Worcester isn't too bad either ( did it for 69 days in '00 when our son decided to come 3 months early).

There seems to be, IMHO, a lot of homes in your price range here in Hopkinton. It just depends on which side you want to be in. We live closer to the Westboro/Upton line.

Hope this helps (a little). Good luck.
Thanks for the responses...

Durannie81 - Can you give me any input on the traffic in Hopkinton going to and from the train station in Ashland or Framingham? I'd probably be trying to catch a train sometime between 7 and 7:30am and hope I would be able to make good time. You mentioned the western side of Hopkinton and I'd probably have to go down rt. 135... There seems to not too many hopkinton homes closer to the train stations and you get more for you $ on the other side of town.

Old 01-12-2012, 08:14 PM

22 posts, read 48,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bos-Wor View Post
Thanks for the responses...

Durannie81 - Can you give me any input on the traffic in Hopkinton going to and from the train station in Ashland or Framingham? I'd probably be trying to catch a train sometime between 7 and 7:30am and hope I would be able to make good time. You mentioned the western side of Hopkinton and I'd probably have to go down rt. 135... There seems to not too many hopkinton homes closer to the train stations and you get more for you $ on the other side of town.

Traffic is pretty good here from the train station. We live closer to the Southboro T-station & my husband has taken the back roads to get to it.

I know that if you lived closer to town, traffic is usually heavy during that 7:00 - 8:00 timeframe. If you do live on the East side, the Ashland station would be closer to you then taking it from Framingham. IMHO, I find that the farther from town you are, the less "townie" people seem to be.

As for getting more getting more for your $, I think that it's pretty equal. I know that the closer you get to our downtown, the homes are more $ & are also smaller. But, that's just my opinion. I like it on the Westboro/Upton side of Hopkinton. I don't have to deal with the traffic downtown & I can get to shopping places a lot faster too.

Hope this helps. Also, if your wife works in Worcester, Hopkinton would be a lot better then Natick or Framingham. RTE 9 traffic is horrendous in rush hour if she takes it all the way into work.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts