Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2007, 12:08 AM

6 posts, read 29,864 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone!!! I am looking for any information on Hull and the surrounding towns. My husband, son and I will be moving there in November and I want to make sure I know some about the town. I do have a few concerns.....

1. Is there anything in Hull? Wal-Mart, a mall, Applebee's, etc...?? I currently live in the south and hate it! I have to drive so far just to go to the store and I just want to make sure that's not the case with Hull. I know nothing about the town!

2. Is there a hospital in Hull? I would like to have another child after we move and get settled in, but I will be high risk and would feel much better knowing I don't have to drive very far if needed.

3. Would it be better living in Hull or outside of the town? My husband is in the Coast Guard and will be stationed at Point Allerton and he doesn't want to drive more than 30 mins. or so to/from work.

I really need some advice from anyone who is familiar with the area. Please help me!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2007, 05:16 AM

10,014 posts, read 15,659,151 times
I don't think there's a Walmart in Hull. The surrounding towns have those kind of stores. Also, there's a large shopping mall in Braintree (South Shore Plaza). There is a hospital nearby in Weymouth.

This site has a lot of information about Hull: HULLMAgazine.com Explore Hull MA (Nantasket Beach) Online
including some nice photos of the area. In a nutshell, Hull was once mostly developed with summer homes and then developed a "honky tonk" image when a large amusement park was built. Paragon Park has been gone awhile, but I remember going there as a kid, and it was pretty grungy.

If you could rent something in Hingham, that would be ideal. The rents are high, though. Hull, MA, United States of America - Google Maps

Old 09-03-2007, 08:20 AM

1,038 posts, read 3,996,700 times
Cohasset and Scituate are nice too. You won't have to travel far to find anything! It's a beautiful area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts