Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 08:46 AM

914 posts, read 1,806,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I was born in MA but spent most of my life in the midwest. I find that MA drivers are very aggressive and inconsiderate compared to most other places I have lived.

How else are we supposed to get from A to B as soon as we can? I definitely fit the mold for horrible Boston drivers. I tailgate and have been pulled over numerous times for tailgating. All i'm saying is... get out of the fast lane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2012, 02:26 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuteishungry View Post
How else are we supposed to get from A to B as soon as we can? I definitely fit the mold for horrible Boston drivers. I tailgate and have been pulled over numerous times for tailgating. All i'm saying is... get out of the fast lane.
and how does tailgating get you there any faster? You're putting others in danger. Give some space!

Old 02-24-2012, 04:08 PM

2,615 posts, read 5,400,554 times
Quote:
Does endangering people's lives make you feel like a tough guy?

Old 02-25-2012, 10:37 AM

71 posts, read 171,489 times
Quote:
But why do you tailgate in the middle or right lane?

Why do you have so little regard for a person's life -- that saving yourself 90 seconds is worth the person dying?

Did it ever occur to you that the person you are tailgating is desperately wanting to move over, but other rude drivers won't let them in?

I think you don't have answers to these quetions. You tailgate because you have mental issues about power and control, aggression that you can't take out on the people in your life who are beating you down.

Karma will get you.

Last edited by CaseyB; 02-25-2012 at 10:57 AM.. Reason: language

Old 02-26-2012, 06:42 AM

344 posts, read 1,052,339 times
I slow down if people tailgate me lol.

I'm a good driver. I won't intentionally hold people up in the left lane. If I can't immediately merge over to the right though, and you zoom up at 95 mph and tailgate me instantly, you can bet i'm gonna stay in that lane a bit longer =)

people just have a lot more nerve in cars than they do in real life. Nobody would push right up behind me in line at the grocery store and start shoving if i don't pay fast enough... But on the highway in your automobile everyone is a tough guy... (or gal). at least until their idiocy causes a crash. then they have to exit the vehicle...

Old 02-26-2012, 09:37 AM

2,615 posts, read 5,400,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie555 View Post
I slow down if people tailgate me lol.

I'm a good driver. I won't intentionally hold people up in the left lane. If I can't immediately merge over to the right though, and you zoom up at 95 mph and tailgate me instantly, you can bet i'm gonna stay in that lane a bit longer =)

people just have a lot more nerve in cars than they do in real life. Nobody would push right up behind me in line at the grocery store and start shoving if i don't pay fast enough... But on the highway in your automobile everyone is a tough guy... (or gal). at least until their idiocy causes a crash. then they have to exit the vehicle...
I don't slow down or apply the breaks...that in itself could cause an accident. What I have done in the past is that I'll conveniently decide to clean my windscreen, so that whoever is too close to my rear end is going to get sprayed. I know it's silly, but I get at least some satisfaction from the idiot behind me having to put his own windscreen wipers on and usually, they get the hint and back off.

The problem (as you pretty much implied) is that people think they are invincible behind the wheel and can act like total arseholes, even endangering lives with their awful driving. There should be no excusing it by saying that it's just big city driving. I have zero tolerance for this childish and cowardly behaviour.

Old 02-26-2012, 10:00 AM

235 posts, read 276,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonborn View Post
I don't slow down or apply the breaks...that in itself could cause an accident. What I have done in the past is that I'll conveniently decide to clean my windscreen, so that whoever is too close to my rear end is going to get sprayed. I know it's silly, but I get at least some satisfaction from the idiot behind me having to put his own windscreen wipers on and usually, they get the hint and back off.
Cleaning windshield is very effective and I do that often when I have aggressive driver behind me.

Most of the time it distracts them in cleaning their own windshield and in that process slow them down. The smart ones figure out they are being a pain and stop the stupidity....

Old 02-26-2012, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA2NC2012 View Post
Cleaning windshield is very effective and I do that often when I have aggressive driver behind me.

Most of the time it distracts them in cleaning their own windshield and in that process slow them down. The smart ones figure out they are being a pain and stop the stupidity....
i've never done this. will start =)

Old 02-29-2012, 06:01 PM

Awesome drive home today in the snow storm. I figured people would be more cautious, but nope they actually decided this storm was a chance to be MORE daring!!!

People darting out into traffic when there's clearly no room to merge. People changing lanes like its NASCAR trying to get 2 cars ahead in the line. one person was signaling, almost turning off the road, and then darting back on cause it wasn't the correct place to turn, then repeating it all over again on the next 2 cross streets.

Oh man, I love MA. You guys are amazing at driving, keep up the good work. No idea how i've never been in an accident haha. I guess defensive driving really works.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:18 PM

1,039 posts, read 3,453,055 times
I, thankfully, worked from my home office today. I hate to see what the rotaries looked like in the snow. I swear I see a t-boned car at Fresh Pond or in Concord every week when the weather is perfectly clear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts