Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2007, 08:55 AM

6 posts, read 35,037 times

Advertisements

I was visiting with some family yesterday in the downtown Plymouth area and loved it! I'm looking to purchase my first home and i'm considering looking at properties in the west/northern area of Plymouth. Is there anyone in that area that can tell me more about it? Do you enjoy living there, is it a nice community, etc...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2007, 08:18 AM

414 posts, read 2,273,176 times
Plymouth is a nice town...it's the largest town in the state (land area wise). North Plymouth is considered the nicer part of town, and South Plymouth has a reputation as being the more "seedy" and poorer section of town. But as a whole the all the areas of town are pretty nice. Some areas are just a lot more rural than others. Major job opportunties don't really exist in Plymouth for the "business" types. A lot of people make ends meet by working a few odd jobs, and professionals typically just commute into the city everyday for work, by car or commuter rail. Again, as a whole Plymouth is a pretty good town to live in on the South Shore.

Old 09-12-2007, 07:08 PM

3,886 posts, read 10,041,405 times
I have also been thinking Plymouth. I love the Cape, but you can sort of have both sides of the coin in Plymouth.

Old 09-13-2007, 01:01 AM

5,835 posts, read 5,157,303 times
What do you think about Hingham?

Old 09-14-2007, 03:36 PM

1 posts, read 3,190 times
Smile Love Plymouth

I love Plymouth....Lived here for about 7 years but had to move up North a few years ago due to husbands commute....I currently work on the Plymouth waterfront and get to gaze out the window at the harbor every day....Not one day goes by that I don't want to move back.

Old 09-15-2007, 01:16 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,041,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meechie3 View Post
I love Plymouth....Lived here for about 7 years but had to move up North a few years ago due to husbands commute....I currently work on the Plymouth waterfront and get to gaze out the window at the harbor every day....Not one day goes by that I don't want to move back.
My gosh, are they hiring? lol

Old 09-17-2007, 11:58 AM

17 posts, read 70,450 times
Default I work on the Plymouth Waterfront

You're right. Plymouth is great. The people are great too. It is a great community with tons to offer. I own a company (mortgage) right on the Plymouth waterfront. I'm real familiar with th real estate here. There are some good deals in Plymouth right now as the market has slowed considerably. Let me know what you are looking for specifically

Old 09-17-2007, 02:39 PM

104 posts, read 488,530 times
Default Hingham is great but $$$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffle View Post
What do you think about Hingham?
Hingham is very nice but very expensive. I live in Duxbury and love it - but people who want to live in Hingham live here because it is cheaper than Hingham. Plymouth is great if you don't have kids in the schools - schools are just OK.

Old 09-18-2007, 07:45 PM

65 posts, read 251,092 times
What are the average commute times to Boston Financial District from Kingsport, Duxbury? Some people tell me that Rte 3 is a mess. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts