Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 01:15 PM

2 posts, read 14,010 times

Advertisements

Greetings!

My friend and I are currently planning a trip to stay in Cape Cod for the week of June 16th (must book soon). However, we are unsure of what town to stay in. We are both 21 year old males. We were trying to find an area that isn't to quiet and a little more lively, since we both like to go out to bars and such.Though if it comes down to it, a quieter area wouldn't be bad...just as long as there are things to do close by. We don't necessarily have to be in the action of everything..we are willing to do some exploring.

Basically, we plan on spending a lot of time playing guitar, hanging out, and walking along the beach.. and maybe find 2 nice ladies who would like to accompany us on our adventures as well haha. So maybe some info on beaches would help to.

We really just want to make sure that our condo or cottage is nice/clean, and preferably within walking distance of a good beach...while the surrounding area (doesn't matter if we must drive) is a good place to meet new people, has a few bars to go to, few good restaurants, beautiful views, etc. Just nothing to touristy..cause well, we stayed at the Jersey shore last summer and...my god... lol.

I've been using capecodtravel.com for info, housing searches, etc..which has been a big help so far. Though it would be nice to hear from some of you who live or vacation in the Cape. Even some brief descriptions of what a few towns are like would go a long way!!

Thank you!

Last edited by Good Vibes; 06-01-2012 at 01:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2012, 11:23 AM

4,422 posts, read 6,254,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Vibes View Post
Greetings!

My friend and I are currently planning a trip to stay in Cape Cod for the week of June 16th (must book soon). However, we are unsure of what town to stay in. We are both 21 year old males. We were trying to find an area that isn't to quiet and a little more lively, since we both like to go out to bars and such.Though if it comes down to it, a quieter area wouldn't be bad...just as long as there are things to do close by. We don't necessarily have to be in the action of everything..we are willing to do some exploring.

Basically, we plan on spending a lot of time playing guitar, hanging out, and walking along the beach.. and maybe find 2 nice ladies who would like to accompany us on our adventures as well haha. So maybe some info on beaches would help to.

We really just want to make sure that our condo or cottage is nice/clean, and preferably within walking distance of a good beach...while the surrounding area (doesn't matter if we must drive) is a good place to meet new people, has a few bars to go to, few good restaurants, beautiful views, etc. Just nothing to touristy..cause well, we stayed at the Jersey shore last summer and...my god... lol.

I've been using capecodtravel.com for info, housing searches, etc..which has been a big help so far. Though it would be nice to hear from some of you who live or vacation in the Cape. Even some brief descriptions of what a few towns are like would go a long way!!

Thank you!
Stick to the mid Cape around Hyannis, Yarmouth or Dennis. The inner Cape, while very nice, is mainly year rounders commuting to and from Boston every day. The Outer Cape is Grandmaville USA with the exception of Provincetown. From reading your post, there probably won't be anything of interest for you there, though.

Old 06-03-2012, 05:22 PM

4 posts, read 10,308 times
Staying in the Barnstable area is your best bet. Hyannis is not the best place for non-hotel lodging. If you're looking at cottages/houses, you'll have plenty of options in other Mid-Cape towns -- Brewster/Dennis/Harwich. Yarmouth is a yucky area in general, but it is tourist central -- lots of hotels, and cheaper (in price + quality) bars/restaurants than Hyannis. The Mid-Cape is a great place to stay, as you can take ferries to the Islands from Hyannis/are within an hour's drive of the Lower Cape (excellent beaches) and Provincetown (great nightlife as well). Avoid the Upper Cape (Falmouth/Bourne, even Sandwich) as there is nothing to do there.

Have a great time on the Cape.

Old 06-03-2012, 05:45 PM

32 posts, read 78,664 times
Dennisport. I just don't there will be many young people there yet in mid June.

Old 06-03-2012, 06:43 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,798,306 times
Upper and mid Cape will definitely be the busiest.

But I prefer the lower/outer Cape area. Brewster, Orleans and Eastham are all great and have the best beaches imo.

Old 06-04-2012, 09:50 AM

2,202 posts, read 5,355,148 times
Totally agree Mid Cape for 21 year olds looking for night life, young people and things to do. Dennis and Yarmouth are good places to start your search.

You will find plenty to do and plenty of people with similar interests. College kids are down for the summer working.

Old 06-04-2012, 12:26 PM

2 posts, read 14,010 times
Thanks for the responses so far! I'm definitely going to do some cottage/condo searching in the mid-cape area's. We are not going until July now, so we will have more time to do some searching..however, the prices are most likely going to raise. So would Barnstable, Dennisport, Harwich.. be the best areas to search for cottages/ houses? We would much prefer that rather than staying in a hotel.

I sure wouldn't mind driving and spending the day on the beach of one of the outer cape towns like Orleans, Wellfleet, Chatum...just to do some sight seeing and to get away from the hustle and bustle...and experience some beautiful beaches. I take it all the outer-cape towns are good for that kind of experience? hah

Old 06-05-2012, 10:00 AM

1,038 posts, read 3,995,488 times
You also may want to think about Falmouth/Woods Hole.

Old 06-05-2012, 12:58 PM

69 posts, read 239,789 times
I would probably say rt 28 in yarmouth. You can get to most things easily - beaches, golf, restaurants, bars etc..

Old 06-06-2012, 10:26 AM

2,884 posts, read 4,986,021 times
A couple of years ago my family rented a house right on Skaket Beach for my parents' 50th anniversary. I don't think Orleans has that much to do for 20-somethings, but Skaket Beach is a really nice beach for a daytrip. Living near a Great Lake, I was surprised to see how much the tides affected the beach, I really enjoyed seeing the difference between high and low tide. I knew it happened, but hadn't seen it in person. The water was much warmer than the oceanside as well. I can tolerate cold water very well, but even in August, the oceanside water was freezing. We spent a day in Wellfleet and really enjoyed it, though it might be too low key for you, depends on how wild and crazy you are. Drinks and appetizers at Mac's Shack would be fun. We had dinner there, but at the time (don't know if they still do it) they had some sort of happy hour which I think would be really cool. It's not in the cards this year, but I plan on going back as soon as I can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts