Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 01:23 PM

5,835 posts, read 5,164,194 times

Advertisements

O.k. By now, those of you that are familiar with me know that I have been planning on moving back to Ma. asap but have had financial obstacles in the way. Well, hubbies big deal should be closing soon, for sure, but I am not sure if we should throw caution to the wind and just move with this money or continue to live with the mother in law from hell, in my sister in law from hell's house and wait, pay down debt like a good citizen and hate my life. What would you do if you were in my shoes?

Old 09-27-2007, 01:34 PM

403 posts, read 1,559,572 times
Get out as soon as you can. Living with in-laws is no good for you or your relationship. Sort it all out when you get to MA.

Old 09-27-2007, 01:42 PM

5,835 posts, read 5,164,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc2sweet4ne1 View Post
Get out as soon as you can. Living with in-laws is no good for you or your relationship. Sort it all out when you get to MA.
Thanks. I appreciate your frankness.

Old 09-27-2007, 01:47 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,485,406 times
Default Some thoughts.

Well it all depends Puffle. I'm sorry I've lost track of your current situation. So I'm not exactly sure where you at at this moment. But here's a some general thoughts.
OK so your husband's getting some money right now. But do either of you have a job, more over a good paying job. If not and your in fear that your going to either barely get by or worse not get by. Then I would suggest not taking a chance and possibly ruining your credit especially right now. Plus not having money can put a real strain on your relationship with your family. But If you do have a good job lined up and/or your husband deal money is substantial so that you can make it let say 4 - 6 months with out a job. Then heck why put up with people you just can't get along with and come on over and join Red Sox Nation.

Good luck

Old 09-27-2007, 01:49 PM

213 posts, read 934,445 times
Life is too short and tomorrow is not promised. I know this because I lost my child in a car accident last year. Life is too precious and shouldn't be wasted. Start living! Move!

Old 09-27-2007, 01:59 PM

3,031 posts, read 9,066,127 times
Would you consider moving out to a small condo until your finances are in better shape? Not perfect because I know you hate where you are, but at least you'd be out from under the in-laws.

Old 09-27-2007, 02:11 PM

5,816 posts, read 15,855,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baystater View Post
Well it all depends Puffle. I'm sorry I've lost track of your current situation. So I'm not exactly sure where you at at this moment. But here's a some general thoughts.
OK so your husband's getting some money right now. But do either of you have a job, more over a good paying job. If not and your in fear that your going to either barely get by or worse not get by. Then I would suggest not taking a chance and possibly ruining your credit especially right now. Plus not having money can put a real strain on your relationship with your family. But If you do have a good job lined up and/or your husband deal money is substantial so that you can make it let say 4 - 6 months with out a job. Then heck why put up with people you just can't get along with and come on over and join Red Sox Nation.

Good luck
I agree that it makes sense to use some caution, and to make sure you have the basic level of security needed to be recently certain of moving into a stable situation. That said, it's important to live on your own. Sometimes circumstances might mean that people have to take refuge with family, but it's not a good situation to be in, for anyone involved. As soon as you have a basic level of financial stability, make your move. Better for you and your husband to be independent, even if you might have to scrape by for a while.

Old 09-27-2007, 03:12 PM

630 posts, read 2,222,341 times
As long as you are willing to work hard, and I know that you are, take that chance. Sometimes you never know and have to just jump with both feet. Doesn't seem that staying in the same situation is a real option to much longer. So ..... Will it be door 1 or door 2. Either way it's a chance of one form or another. You know I'm jumping in with both feet, I don't know anyone in MA and I fly out there in two weeks. I have a job and a place to live, the rest I will just have to work through ... paying all the bills I've piled up, plus rent and car payments. Not sure but if I don't do this I know I will always wonder what if I had just taken that chance. Good luck to you and your family !11111

Old 09-27-2007, 03:48 PM

142 posts, read 658,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicTouch View Post
As long as you are willing to work hard, and I know that you are, take that chance. Sometimes you never know and have to just jump with both feet. Doesn't seem that staying in the same situation is a real option to much longer. So ..... Will it be door 1 or door 2. Either way it's a chance of one form or another. You know I'm jumping in with both feet, I don't know anyone in MA and I fly out there in two weeks. I have a job and a place to live, the rest I will just have to work through ... paying all the bills I've piled up, plus rent and car payments. Not sure but if I don't do this I know I will always wonder what if I had just taken that chance. Good luck to you and your family !11111
I applaud your courage and spirit! Sometimes a good attitude and a bit of luck increases the likelihood of success. Where are you moving from, and whereabouts will you land? Keep us posted.

Puffle, quite frankly, I wouldn't last more than a day with my in-laws, so I give you credit right there. What you're trying to do is not easy. One thing to keep in mind, and I don't mean to complicate things, is that it's harder to relocate here in the cold weather. For someone who's spent a large percentage of their life in southern CA, it will be a shock. The last few weeks have been really nice weather here, and looks to continue for the foreseeable future. But, we also realize that when the season does start to transition, there's a good chance we won't see another warm, sunny day for months.

Old 09-27-2007, 05:48 PM

630 posts, read 2,222,341 times
pjscdn - I currently live in SoCal (born & raised - 40 yrs) and I will land in Boston two weeks from tomorrow. I have a place in Bedford and a great job in Lexington. My belongings are on their way. I'm just finishing up with work here.

Thank you for the encouragement ...... I'm looking forward to the new challenge and adventure in my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjscdn View Post
I applaud your courage and spirit! Sometimes a good attitude and a bit of luck increases the likelihood of success. Where are you moving from, and whereabouts will you land? Keep us posted.

Puffle, quite frankly, I wouldn't last more than a day with my in-laws, so I give you credit right there. What you're trying to do is not easy. One thing to keep in mind, and I don't mean to complicate things, is that it's harder to relocate here in the cold weather. For someone who's spent a large percentage of their life in southern CA, it will be a shock. The last few weeks have been really nice weather here, and looks to continue for the foreseeable future. But, we also realize that when the season does start to transition, there's a good chance we won't see another warm, sunny day for months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts