U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 09-30-2007, 06:25 PM

5,852 posts, read 1,336,246 times
Default Tell us about yourself

I hope you all don't mind if I call myself a fellow Bostonian as we will be arriving in late fall, but after all this time of posting here and making wonderful friends of many on this site, I started wondering who you all are and what do you do? So if you don't mind opening up just a little, who are you and what is it that you do or that rocks your boat? I will start first to get the ball rolling....I was a stay at home mom for most of my son's first 13 years and recently went back to work at Jenny Craig as a consultant. Born in New York but raised in California since five. Never moved out of state until 2003 when my family and I moved to Northern Virginia for a year and then Massachusetts. My husband of almost 16 years this month is an executive recruiter and has worked for himself since we got married. We have traveled and smooth and often bumpy road. We are on our way Ma.!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 09-30-2007, 06:52 PM

2,524 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by puffle View Post
I hope you all don't mind if I call myself a fellow Bostonian as we will be arriving in late fall, but after all this time of posting here and making wonderful friends of many on this site, I started wondering who you all are and what do you do? So if you don't mind opening up just a little, who are you and what is it that you do or that rocks your boat? I will start first to get the ball rolling....I was a stay at home mom for most of my son's first 13 years and recently went back to work at Jenny Craig as a consultant. Born in New York but raised in California since five. Never moved out of state until 2003 when my family and I moved to Northern Virginia for a year and then Massachusetts. My husband of almost 16 years this month is an executive recruiter and has worked for himself since we got married. We have traveled and smooth and often bumpy road. We are on our way Ma.!!!

44-year-old single woman with dog and cat here. I run my own marketing business online. Hoping to join you on the east coast soon! What are your plans, Puffle??? I'm really excited for you...

Greenie

Unread 09-30-2007, 07:25 PM

As soon as hubby knows when the big check will arrive I can start looking for a place which we hope will be the beginning of November. It would be so funny if we moved back the same day we moved to Ma. three years ago which was Nov.12.

Anyone else willing to share anything about yourself?

Unread 09-30-2007, 08:02 PM

629 posts, read 1,356,274 times
47 year old single woman (grand-ma), ok been married three times .... lol. I was born and raised in CA and am currently leaving CA in less than two weeks and moving to MA. I work in Information Assurance/Computer Security for a major aerospace company. I have 3 sons ages 20, 24 and 25 all out and on their own since they graduated High School, my oldest is married and has a son. So you could say just an old independent woman.

Puffle: Sounds like you and the family have decided to move ... keep us informed on how things are progressing. Good Luck to you !!!!

Unread 09-30-2007, 09:43 PM

Hey There Mt! Thanks for telling us about yourself. I admire your independence and willing to move to a new state and a new job, but please don't say you are old. What would that make me at 51!?
Keep in touch when you land. Best wishes.

Unread 09-30-2007, 10:02 PM

2,524 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicTouch View Post
47 year old single woman (grand-ma), ok been married three times .... lol. I was born and raised in CA and am currently leaving CA in less than two weeks and moving to MA. I work in Information Assurance/Computer Security for a major aerospace company. I have 3 sons ages 20, 24 and 25 all out and on their own since they graduated High School, my oldest is married and has a son. So you could say just an old independent woman.

Puffle: Sounds like you and the family have decided to move ... keep us informed on how things are progressing. Good Luck to you !!!!
since when was 47 considered old?

Unread 10-01-2007, 07:08 AM

1,038 posts, read 2,253,409 times
47 years young, divorced, mother of 2 (16 & 13), Realtor. Grew up in Lynn, MA but moved to the Cape 10 years ago. Love it.
Puffle, cranberry harvest has begun, no foliage yet though. My daughter keeps "stealing" my camera. I'll steal it back tonight!

Unread 10-01-2007, 07:48 AM

All: I only say old because everyone seems to still have children at home, I have all adults and am a grandma.... I think having kids keeps you really active, I have to find things to do to keep me active is all. Guess I'm fortunate though, no more worrying about where my teenage sons are or what they are up to .... I'm not old, just feel that way some days is all .... like the last month getting ready for this move...

Wishing you all the best, can't wait to get to my new place in MA .... my new home !!

Unread 10-02-2007, 10:43 PM

2,524 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicTouch View Post
All: I only say old because everyone seems to still have children at home, I have all adults and am a grandma.... I think having kids keeps you really active, I have to find things to do to keep me active is all. Guess I'm fortunate though, no more worrying about where my teenage sons are or what they are up to .... I'm not old, just feel that way some days is all .... like the last month getting ready for this move...

Wishing you all the best, can't wait to get to my new place in MA .... my new home !!
Hey Magic Touch,

How's it going? I'm planning on heading to MA this year, I hope. Curious to hear more of your story. Where are you moving from? Do you have a home picked out in MA yet? What town are you moving too? Are you driving, flying?

Similar to Puffle, I'm living with a parent !!! I got tired of paying the crazy rents in Los Angeles and moved in with my father in June. Now it's October and I'm still here! I just want to make sure I had enough work and money lined up before I headed out. (I work freelance over the Internet.) Things are coming together well for me. I need to buy a car now, so I can drive myself out there. Long story short: I did buy a car, but the seats were terrible on my back and I had to sell it. Now I have to find another one!!

Anyhow, hearing that you and Puff are actually making the dream a reality is exciting and I want to be in the loop!!

Greenie

Unread 10-03-2007, 07:27 AM

Greenie:

Born and raised in LA County and now live in the Yorba Linda/Corona area.

For me got lucky and landed a great job, so that was easy. I'm not a big city person so I'm will be living outside of Boston (20 min.), but can go there on the weekends for fun. I will be working in Lexington and will live in Bedford, on the Bulington border. I found a great apartment, for me, it's new, never been lived in. I found it when I was there late last year when they had just begun to build them. (Welcome to Heritage at Bedford Springs).

I had all my stuff shipped last weekend, and it's due to arrive on Oct. 13th (I hope - otherwise I'll be sleeping on the floor .. lol). I had my truck shipped out yesterday and it is due to arrive on the same day (again I hope - have a rental till that monday).

I'm flying out on Friday Oct. 12, and will be working till Oct. 10. I have a lot of stuff, ok not to much but still it got expensive for the mover ($2700) and then the truck ($1275), that would have been cheaper if I had something smaller, but I love my truck and I haven't driven a car in over 20 yrs.

So up till now it has been stressful getting things together, I've contacted all of the utility companies and have set everything to be turned on on Oct. 11 (we shall see). Now all my things are gone and I'm living out of a suitcase. Looks like I'll be doing that for a few weeks.

You know that saying what can go wrong will, well it has started. My laptop took a dump last night, so now I have to work on that and get it up and running in less than a week. I hate not being connected ... LOL.

So tell me what your plans are ?? You have any idea where you plan on moving to ?? What area or city ?? Are you considering driving ??? Wow I would say that is courageous since winter is on it's way accross the country !! I like the fact you work for yourself from home ... wish I could do that !!!

Keep me in the LOOP !! You can always PM me ... may take me a bit in the evening due to laptop issues, but I will always respond.

Best Wishes to you on getting out !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts