Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 02:19 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,425,189 times

Advertisements

I just read an article on Infowars.com that linked to a Worcester Telegram and Gazette article (of course they misspelled Worcester) that talks about the fact that they've been conducting military drills at night in Boston and Worcester with black helicoptors that are so noisy the windows in your house shake. » Massachusetts Citizens Frightened by Midnight Military Exercises Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Is everyone outraged? I think I would be if I still lived there. People aren't going to just sit back and let them continue are they?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2012, 10:20 PM

278 posts, read 701,898 times
Well that would explain all the helicopters flying low over my house yesterday.

And why would I be outraged? Seems like a silly reason to get worked up about.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:44 AM

9,966 posts, read 15,573,191 times
Yeah, they flew over our house 2 nights ago.

Old 08-04-2012, 09:03 AM

42 posts, read 150,563 times
That explains the weird noise I heard the other morning! I thought it was a news chopper. I am not outraged at all! Glad there is training of that caliber in Massachusetts. I think the military is very underrated in MA. More kudos to them!

Old 08-04-2012, 10:50 AM

17,330 posts, read 32,947,527 times
Oh my gosh! I wondered what that was! The other evening -- maybe 5.00-ish -- I was sitting in the living room and the whole couch shook. I thought it was an earthquake for a second, and then realized that it was accompanied by a really loud engine noise. Then I thought that a plane was going to come crashing into my house -- I'm a bit of an alarmist! And then it stopped.

Old 08-04-2012, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent s View Post
Well that would explain all the helicopters flying low over my house yesterday.

And why would I be outraged? Seems like a silly reason to get worked up about.
It is hardly silly now that Obama has an assassination list and has already killed 3 Americans citizens via drones without allowing them a trial. What if a "terrorist" lived in your neighborhood and was on the list but they made a mistake and hit your house instead????

Obama happily signed the NDAA into law with the provision to detain American Citizens here without being accused of anything INDEFINITELY. He professes not to "intend" to use the powers but now that the NDAA is "law" (albeit hardly Constitutional), I'd be more than a little concerned. President Obama Signed the National Defense Authorization Act - Now What? - Forbes (Well Obama didn't intend to do a LOT of things he's done when he ran for president.)

Also I'd think peace and quiet at night in residential areas shouldn't be too much to ask and is another reason why I would be outraged.

I'd be calling every talk radio station and writing" Letters to the Editor" and on the phone with every elected official I could think of if I still lived there. There are plenty of open spaces which aren't residential areas where they could do these "exercizes" if they were so necessary.

You aren't paying taxes through the nose to be harassed by the government. They should be trying to please YOU not doing whatever the hay they want and making you still pay for it.

The United States isn't supposed to be a war zone no matter how much Obama might like to turn it into one (with his taking the initiative on his own to give orders to attack Libya and Syria with drones killing innocent civilians without even consulting Congress much less giving Congress the chance to declare war against those countries,he's proven he'll do what he wants.)

Libya: U.S. Tomahawk Cruise Missiles Hit Targets in Libya - ABC News

Obama thinks that by killing civilians in Libya he is "protecting" them. This is of course a "humanitarian" effort.

America's murderous drone campaign is fuelling terror | Seumas Milne | Comment is free | The Guardian

NDAA unconstitutional: Federal judge bans Obama from indefinitely detaining Americans — RT

Of course you all know (or should know) that Obama signed the latest version of the National Defense Authorization Act on New Year's Eve which now includes the United States as a War Zone and enables the government to indefinitely detain U.S Citizens who are simply suspected of being associated with a "terrorist" (whatever that is nowadays) not accused of anything and they do not have to give the "suspect" access to an attorney. He's essentially trampled all over the Bill of Rights. That shouldn't be O.K. with any American that cares about FREEDOM and what this country is supposed to stand for.

It is sad that people are already so conditioned by the media to accept the harassment. People go along with being nuked and groped and fondled at the airport. They don't seem to care they have zero privacy any more. They willingly stop at checkpoints and obediently comply with invasive and unnecessary questioning by the TSA and now they are being conditioned to accept the whole Police State replete with signs of the military everywhere and even flying over head in the middle of the night. It is time for people to wake up and put their foot down. Isn't it? At what point will they draw the line?

Last edited by emilybh; 08-04-2012 at 12:46 PM..

Old 08-04-2012, 04:17 PM

278 posts, read 701,898 times
What in the WORLD does any of what you just posted have to do with the army/national guard doing training exercises. They are doing urban training. Where else would you suggest they do that? In a forest in northern Maine?

I think you must be lost. This is the Massachusetts forum, not the tin foil hat forum.

Old 08-04-2012, 07:17 PM

8,541 posts, read 13,961,275 times
Is there a conspiracy theory forum we can get this thread moved to?

Old 08-05-2012, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent s View Post
What in the WORLD does any of what you just posted have to do with the army/national guard doing training exercises. They are doing urban training. Where else would you suggest they do that? In a forest in northern Maine?

I think you must be lost. This is the Massachusetts forum, not the tin foil hat forum.
I'm not lost. I lived in Massachusetts for most of my life and not once did black helicopters fly low over where I was living and conduct drills. If there was never a need for them to "conduct urban drills" then, why is there now all of a sudden?

In fact I lived in Rhode Island I lived a few miles from the Navy Base after I lived in MA and the Navy never conducted disruptive drills among civilians the many years I lived there and the base was right near where I lived! The only thing that ever took place were "air shows" over Narragansett Bay which were few and far between and part of festivals advertized way in advance.

I'm just surprised and disappointed more people aren't mad about it since it was a real event that did take place (and it isn't a conspiracy theory) yet there is no more urgency to have drills now than there was then. I'd at the very least speak up about it if I still lived there. I hope some of you non sheeple will or is it now cool to act like a door mat and let the government walk all over you?

Congress is closed for the summer. If I still was a resident I'd be on the phone to my Congressman and Senator and local legislators and county police.

Last edited by emilybh; 08-05-2012 at 06:42 AM..

Old 08-05-2012, 10:41 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,418,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
I just read an article on Infowars.com that linked to a Worcester Telegram and Gazette article (of course they misspelled Worcester) that talks about the fact that they've been conducting military drills at night in Boston and Worcester with black helicoptors that are so noisy the windows in your house shake. » Massachusetts Citizens Frightened by Midnight Military Exercises Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Is everyone outraged? I think I would be if I still lived there. People aren't going to just sit back and let them continue are they?
It is AT (annual training) time of year so the Reserves and Guard units are conducting their annual 2-3wks of training. No big deal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts