Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 12:31 PM

82 posts, read 194,273 times

Advertisements

Thank you all so much for your help! I think, like others have stated, Shrewsbury seems to be the smarter choice. I was also wondering if you could tell me if there are other areas near Worcester with less residents that Shrewsbury and with excellent schools.

Thanks again!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 12:36 PM

342 posts, read 570,869 times
i think Auburn has Good schools and is also an easy commute from worcester as its on Interstate-290 which is the main highway through Worcester and it seems to be a better place to raise your family than Shrewsbury. it has pretty good local restaurants too so thats a plus. Auburn has about 16,000 residents where Shrewsbury has almost 37,000

Old 09-25-2012, 12:42 PM

278 posts, read 703,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewEnglandNewcomer View Post
Thank you all so much for your help! I think, like others have stated, Shrewsbury seems to be the smarter choice. I was also wondering if you could tell me if there are other areas near Worcester with less residents that Shrewsbury and with excellent schools.

Thanks again!!
You might want to look into Holden, which is just to the northwest of Worcester. Northboro also.

Old 09-25-2012, 12:44 PM

are you looking for a suburban or rural area because outside of Worcester the rural-ness starts pretty quickly.

Old 09-25-2012, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent s View Post
You might want to look into Holden, which is just to the northwest of Worcester. Northboro also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deh74 View Post
are you looking for a suburban or rural area because outside of Worcester the rural-ness starts pretty quickly.
Thank you both....I will add these towns to our list. I grew up in a larger city and thought this was what I would always want, but when we had children and moved to a town of less than 6,000 residents I had a new appreciation for living in a small town. We have since moved to a town of almost 20,000 and even this feels larger than what I really like. Crazy because I NEVER thought that I would be one that wanted anything smaller. As for suburban or rural.....it doesn't really matter.....just safe, quiet, friendly and, of course, great schools for my kiddos.

Old 09-25-2012, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewEnglandNewcomer View Post
Thank you both....I will add these towns to our list. I grew up in a larger city and thought this was what I would always want, but when we had children and moved to a town of less than 6,000 residents I had a new appreciation for living in a small town. We have since moved to a town of almost 20,000 and even this feels larger than what I really like. Crazy because I NEVER thought that I would be one that wanted anything smaller. As for suburban or rural.....it doesn't really matter.....just safe, quiet, friendly and, of course, great schools for my kiddos.
Side-note: The town that I currently live in is very congested. The town has grown very quickly and there's little room for the growth. So, my opinion of the number of residents may be biased due to the fact that I feel cramped here.

Old 09-25-2012, 01:05 PM

ok then if thats what you like i think Brent s was right you should probably look at those towns although Holden doesn't have highway access so that might make your commute more complicated but its closer to Worcester than Northborough

Old 09-25-2012, 01:14 PM

Quote:
ok then if thats what you like i think Brent s was right you should probably look at those towns although Holden doesn't have highway access so that might make your commute more complicated but its closer to Worcester than Northborough
The number of residents in Auburn may not feel the same as where I am right now. The problem with the town that I currently live in is that there was not enough land for the rapid growth. It just feels like they crammed everyone into one part of the town because that is the only part of that still had land to build homes on.

Old 09-25-2012, 01:24 PM

Auburns current Population density is about 1,000 people per square mile. how does that compare to your current town. Auburn only added 200 people from 2000 to 2010 so its not growing fast at all but that could change.

Old 09-25-2012, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Auburns current Population density is about 1,000 people per square mile. how does that compare to your current town. Auburn only added 200 people from 2000 to 2010 so its not growing fast at all but that could change.
We currently have right under 20,000 residents and the only info that I could find about people per square mile was from 2010 and it was 2,243.45. So, with the way that this town grows each year, that number is not accurate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts