U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2012, 06:52 AM

2 posts, read 5,811 times

Advertisements

Hello,

We are a family of four and starting our "life after the military" after a 21+ years moving around.We are moving to the Wrenthma/Franklin area in June 2013 and are currently looking to narrow down towns and neigborhoods. We have two boys that will be going into 2nd and 4th grad once we move. They are big into sports, football, soccer, basketball and karate. We been looking at different neighborhoods with our real estate agent but I would appreciate some insider views from local people.

Right now we narrowed our search down to neighborhoods in Franklin on Cotton Tail Lane/Silver Fox Rd/ the new development of Fox Run with Pulte homes and the new development Amber Fields.

Schools and activities is our number one priority. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2012, 07:18 AM

3,192 posts, read 3,094,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by accam View Post
Hello,

We are a family of four and starting our "life after the military" after a 21+ years moving around.We are moving to the Wrenthma/Franklin area in June 2013 and are currently looking to narrow down towns and neigborhoods. We have two boys that will be going into 2nd and 4th grad once we move. They are big into sports, football, soccer, basketball and karate. We been looking at different neighborhoods with our real estate agent but I would appreciate some insider views from local people.

Right now we narrowed our search down to neighborhoods in Franklin on Cotton Tail Lane/Silver Fox Rd/ the new development of Fox Run with Pulte homes and the new development Amber Fields.

Schools and activities is our number one priority. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Is that over near Daniels Street? If so, I believe your kids will go to Keller Elementary and then the Sullivan Middle School before they go to High School. They're adjoining schools and the building was built within the last 10 years, so it's pretty new.

I think Franklin is a great town. A pretty good school system, good youth sports leagues, right off of 495, commuter rail access, less than a hour from Boston, less than 45 minutes from Providence. Good shopping options, close to good shopping options and a nice mix of restaurants. You might say Franklin is the premier town in the Mliford/Bellingham/Medway/Millis/Norfolk/Plainville area.

As far as neighborhoods are concerned, it will all depend on what you want in a house and what you can afford. At one point Franklin was the fastest growing town east of the Mississippi river, so there are a large number of developments that are less than 20 years old.

Old 11-06-2012, 03:03 PM

6,097 posts, read 9,430,389 times
I know where Daniels Street is in Franklin, don't know of that development, sorry.

I am aware of the Amber Fields development. That's been around a few years. I believe originally they were asking more than half a million for the lots (of course that was before the real estate collapse).

Wrentham is a more upscale town than Franklin, which is much larger. The schools in Wrentham overall would be slightly better, but it is hard to compare in the sense that there is only one school complex in Wrentham (divided by grade) and in Franklin it depends on the neighborhood you live in. The sports/activities you can find all over the area.

I think you'd like either town. The only caution I see with Amber Fields is that is in a somewhat remote section of Wrentham, (Sheldonville) and there wouldn't be as many neighborhood kids for yours to play with.

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-07-2012 at 02:49 PM..

Old 11-07-2012, 10:34 AM

2 posts, read 5,811 times
Thanks for your posts TAM88 and Casey B. I appreciate it. I am looking forward to revisit the area during the Thanksgiving break and narrow down some areas. Cheers

Old 01-28-2013, 10:09 AM

1 posts, read 2,653 times
Default Franklin / Wrentham

Quote:
Originally Posted by accam View Post
Hello,

Thanks!
Hi there,

Cotton Tail is one of the nicer parts of the town. The question is are you natives of the New England? My wife and I are from Dallas, Texas and we found Franklin to be too old and devoid of life! Your kids are small so the will enjoy the area, but for us we eventually moved out to a more cosmopolitan location. Wrentham / Franklin tend to be red politically, Wrentham (Scott Brown's home) more so than Franklin. Needless to say, they don't call it Tax-a-chussets for nothing, so plan for that

My wife has taught in most of the schools, including Keller and the High School, and found most to be generally good. The high school has had a few issues that you may want to check out with someone with a better understanding than I. I understand there is at least three Karate location with the town boundary; I believe at least one has specific kid's courses.

Finally, I want to thank you for your service to our country and wish you all the best in the coming years.

regards
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts