Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2014, 06:40 PM

30 posts, read 137,357 times

Advertisements

Do you realize this thread has been going on nearly a year? Do you still want to be having the same problems when you're 50? GO TO SCHOOL. Now is the time, while you have an income however small. You can get financial aid, tutoring, help with housing and transportation, pretty much whatever you need. Do it now! Even if it's something that doesn't interest you much, get a degree or a skill that will give you an income. Then you can study something that does interest you, once you figure out what that is. I also think you need treatment for depression to help you get unstuck from this very low place you are in. Good luck.

Old 02-26-2014, 06:25 AM

1,923 posts, read 2,410,115 times
I need to move to a better area first. If I lived in Detroit, would you tell me to stay there too?

Old 02-27-2014, 06:04 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parried View Post
I need to move to a better area first. If I lived in Detroit, would you tell me to stay there too?
You NEED to go back to SCHOOL!!!!

If you lived in Detroit, we'd be giving you the exact same advice. Currently, for whatever reasons, you are undesirable as an employee to all the employers that you've contacted.

At your young adult age of 22-23, there is no point at all in getting a minimum wage job (especially when you are finding that task impossible to complete) and locking yourself into a life of only minimum wage jobs. Next your thread will be complaining about how minimum wage earnings are too little to have an independent (of your parents and disability payments) life on. Minimum wages are NOT meant to be career level pay.

BTW only being paid minimum wages in the Boston area for the rest of your life would be like living in Detroit for the rest of your life, but with less crime around you. Minimum wage is NOT a living wage. And iIf you can't get hired for a minimum wage job now, then what hope do you have of ever making more than that?

Stop being so obsessed with getting a minimum wage job. And isn't part of your Aspergers, the tendency to repetitive behaviour and obsessive thoughts? Don't you have a doctor or counselor to talk to about this problem? Or is there any medication you can take to minimize these symptoms?????

Old 02-27-2014, 02:11 PM

I'm not obsessed with getting one, but having more work history will help me. Once again you are trolling by pretending you didn't hear what I said. If you read the previous posts you'd see I have no problem with furthering my education.

Old 02-27-2014, 07:52 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:
I'm not obsessed with getting one, but having more work history will help me. Once again you are trolling by pretending you didn't hear what I said. If you read the previous posts you'd see I have no problem with furthering my education.
So stop talking about how no employer will hire you or about moving to another location or city. Just look at getting into a community college or trade school.

Old 02-28-2014, 05:47 AM

I'm going to move to a better area first. You troll.

Old 02-28-2014, 11:55 AM

6,301 posts, read 9,644,887 times
Quote:
I'm going to move to a better area first. You troll.

Parried, you do know that most states do not have the programs and benefits for disability and low income that Massachusetts has.

With federally mandated healthcare, you may have no difficulty getting health insurance for little or nothing. However, if the political tide turns in 2016, and the country swings back more conservative, you will not be entitled or able to purchase healthcare in many states. With your Aspergers disability diagnosis, you will likely be considered to have a preexisting condition which will disqualify you for even purchasing your own health insurance.

Your savings of $2,500 will not go far in most states, and you run the danger of being on the street.

By the way Miu is not a troll. She is a long time poster on C-D. Consider her advice toughlove and a gift.

Old 02-28-2014, 11:57 AM

6,301 posts, read 9,644,887 times
By the way, nobody on this anonymous forum is going to meet you in person and offer you a job if that is what you were hoping. You don't seem to really be looking for any advice on here.

Old 02-28-2014, 01:01 PM

I am looking for advice and brainstorming on it. But what I'm not looking for is people who repeat the same stuff over and over and pretend they are unaware of what I previously said. In her latest post she said I need to stop looking for low paying jobs and go to school. In other words, "don't you want to go back to school? why won't you go back?" when if you read previous posts I already said I don't have a problem with furthering my education.

Old 02-28-2014, 01:03 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,055,061 times
And the clock keeps ticking...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts