Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 03:29 PM

22 posts, read 77,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by papaya21 View Post
Framingham has just about everything for your retail needs. Home to the golden triangle which includes the Natick Mall (though technically in Natick by way of Framingham, sore subject for many), shoppers world, and a range of super high end to common retailers. This is across the board. Food, clothes, electronics, etc. lots of ethnic delights in downtown! Although fair warning South of rt 9 is rather unfortunate along 135. But seriously not as bad as areas near Boston or Worcester. Framingham, along the Sudbury border is great! Plus you've got easy access to exits 12 and 13 on the pike. I will see what's around once I have a normal computer. I am reduced to using an IPod ATM.

The town is building an entirely new library in the Nobscot area and I think that area will be very up and coming. Obviously local politics are amusing at best but whatever. If you aren't sending kids to the school system (which isn't even that bad) or aren't on a fixed income... You can manage in Framingham and have a lot of activities and nature and drivability. I believe the mbta is a long the south station route which is notoriously delayed.

I'll send some links along if I come across anything. Not too many single family homes being built...lots of deluxe apartments and 40b type deals. But many charming homes which have been delightfully renovated!
thanks for the information. sounds pretty reasonable if we can find a single family house there (somewhat new) as that and commute are the main concerns. We really want to avoid a house that is decades old (oil heating, no central ac, old roof, foundation etc). Its nice to know retail and plazas are near by. Is framingham somewhat multicultural? Are there a lot of young people? Families? I would also like it to be somewhat quiet. Not too much traffic/congestion. The only way to get on a highway where i currently live (Stoughton) is through a one-lane road (138) that is full of cars, commercial trucks, school buses etc. Sometimes it takes me a half an hour (4 miles) just to get on the 93. Its a royal pain in the ***.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2013, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyCrash View Post
I think this is a pretty good idea. You'd have 2 people available who could drop you off at the train station to avoid having to find parking & paying to park in the commuter lot.
We've thought of this but I really don't want to spend 4 hours of my day on commute. The best thing to do would be to stay somewhere in the middle. Traffic to Worcester isn't nearly as bad as it is to Boston.

Old 06-12-2013, 04:12 PM

62 posts, read 135,829 times
Framingham is diverse! A lot of Brazillian families. In fact next to NYC it might have the most in USA!

Traffic can get gnarley on route 9. But if you left for school by 600 or 615 for those 8 am days you could do it in one hour I imagine! Hope you have a economical little car!

Check out the streets off Edgell Road north of rt 9 and near Water Street too!

Also, get a slice of pizza at Gianni's when you're in Town! Cash only my friend!

I am not familiar with Stoughton but 93 sounds trecharous!

Framingham is diverse, has a lot of families, working professionals ( Genzyme , Bose, tjx, staples, bj's), students (Framingham State), lots if affluence and on the other end of the spectrum some poverty. But by land area Framingham is not large - although there are a lot of people.

Close to Boston and Worcester but still woodsy and suburb like with a lot of transportation options...it is worth a serious look!

Don't forget to join the minuteman library network!

Old 06-12-2013, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by papaya21 View Post
Framingham is diverse! A lot of Brazillian families. In fact next to NYC it might have the most in USA!

Traffic can get gnarley on route 9. But if you left for school by 600 or 615 for those 8 am days you could do it in one hour I imagine! Hope you have a economical little car!

Check out the streets off Edgell Road north of rt 9 and near Water Street too!

Also, get a slice of pizza at Gianni's when you're in Town! Cash only my friend!

I am not familiar with Stoughton but 93 sounds trecharous!

Framingham is diverse, has a lot of families, working professionals ( Genzyme , Bose, tjx, staples, bj's), students (Framingham State), lots if affluence and on the other end of the spectrum some poverty. But by land area Framingham is not large - although there are a lot of people.

Close to Boston and Worcester but still woodsy and suburb like with a lot of transportation options...it is worth a serious look!

Don't forget to join the minuteman library network!
good to know. Unfortunately, I haven't found any new construction homes around the north framingham area. I did however find some really nice, affordable new construction homes in Ashland, which is next door. Well, we're still looking around but thanks for the info guys. And if u do happen to come across any new construction homes in framingham within our budget please let me know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts