U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-12-2006, 04:25 PM

1 posts, read 2,744 times
Angry charlton middle school

Anyone have experience dealing with the principal or vice principal at charlton middle school? The principal has been doing this job for a very, very long time. There seems to be a large disconnection when trying to communicate with many teachers and staff. Mentioning special needs, 504 plans, and IEP's brings about instant hostility. In my opinion the school is still being run the same as it was 25 years ago. Just want to vent a bit.

Thanks for listening
lovemytown
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2006, 10:07 PM

1,815 posts, read 7,535,461 times
Unfortunately, the principle reports only to ONE person. The Superintendent. Usually Super reports to the school board. If you are unhappy with principle, talk with the Super... if still unhappy... talk with the school board members.... if still unhappy... enroll your kid in private school... or home school or MOVE.

You know IEP means it will cost the school/town $$$$$$$$$$$. The principle has no control. Know your RIGHTS from MA department of education website.

Old 10-18-2006, 06:34 PM

3 posts, read 7,463 times
i went to bay path.. the charlton school was close to me.......

Old 10-05-2007, 06:12 PM

2 posts, read 5,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemytown View Post
Anyone have experience dealing with the principal or vice principal at charlton middle school? The principal has been doing this job for a very, very long time. There seems to be a large disconnection when trying to communicate with many teachers and staff. Mentioning special needs, 504 plans, and IEP's brings about instant hostility. In my opinion the school is still being run the same as it was 25 years ago. Just want to vent a bit.

Thanks for listening
lovemytown
Uh well, hate to break it to you, but uh the school hasnt been around for 25 years.....try 8.

Old 10-05-2007, 06:13 PM

2 posts, read 5,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarty View Post
Unfortunately, the principle reports only to ONE person. The Superintendent. Usually Super reports to the school board. If you are unhappy with principle, talk with the Super... if still unhappy... talk with the school board members.... if still unhappy... enroll your kid in private school... or home school or MOVE.

You know IEP means it will cost the school/town $$$$$$$$$$$. The principle has no control. Know your RIGHTS from MA department of education website.
and um thank you, she reports to more than the super. so dont lie

Old 10-26-2007, 10:23 AM

48 posts, read 69,753 times
i know the super. gilrein is a good guy. very modern. i would say deal with him.

Old 05-22-2008, 04:13 PM

3 posts, read 7,776 times
Default Been There

Quote:

Thanks for listening
lovemytown
I have had 2 children pass through that school and my last child will not. Frankly I did not think too much about that school and Sean Gilrein Superintended office located at Shepherd Hill although kind to me was not to others. The schools will be having major financial problems. Doubling up on classes. They did not get the money that they hope to get and no not everything is as hunky dory as the person responding to you below thinks. The schools have had "OUTSIDE" advocates questioning, investigating and watching these schools. The school system is broken and they do not know how to fix it. Not all children on IEP need one and they will cover each others gluteus , lie and mickey mouse things to make them fit. They misinform parents, over look parental rights, over look CORI checks on their own staff, over look human rights, violate FERPA, over look court orders, and they "WILL" side with the teachers before the parent!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-22-2008, 04:17 PM

Default Different Superintendents

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixon87 View Post
i went to bay path.. the charlton school was close to me.......

Bay Path is separate from Heritage, Middle and Shepherd Hill as far as superintendents go. Not all these children can get into Bay Path (Trade School) they have to have good grades and attendence.

Old 05-22-2008, 04:21 PM

Exclamation Move??????

Quote:

Thanks for listening
lovemytown
Move heck no we are tax paying citizens and the taxes in Charlton are outrageous! Now they want to come into your home and see if they can make it higher ha. Homeschooling is not a bad option and not hard to do or to get and the best news it is parents on the school board that vote and not the principle or the superintendent. I have been in this town for 19 years and you want to know some of the major illegal moves they have made email me!

Old 05-17-2009, 01:13 PM

1 posts, read 2,194 times
Thumbs down Tired of that school

I moved to this town because I thought the school system was good. That was until one of my children got to CMS. It is the worst...If the child is not a little Stepford style child, then look out. Here comes the VP with his initimidation tatics...They can't follow an IEP for their lives. Don't bring any one in to assist you with that, because they take it as a personal assault... Some teachers yell at the kids. Now the VP is going to the principal! Does Mr. Glirein have a clue as to how that school operates? Check with the juvenile court and see the number of frivilous CHINS they file. I have heard so many horror stories about that process. No more of my kids will attend there. School choice or private....

Last edited by fed up with CMS; 05-17-2009 at 01:14 PM.. Reason: misspelled word
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts