U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-15-2007, 02:00 AM

54 posts, read 78,411 times
Be careful. We moved from Mass to NC 2 years ago and regret it mightily. We are moving back to Mass in 2 years. I can elaborate if you wish...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2007, 02:05 AM

54 posts, read 78,411 times
Oh I sooooo agree with you! We moved to NC from Mass 2 years ago and regret it . We are moving back to Mass in 2 years. Yes, the South and its people are the pits.

Old 09-15-2007, 06:05 AM

Location: Chesterfield in Beautiful Massachusetts, New England
76 posts, read 1,213 times
See one more smart person on here. I finally got sick enough of Florida I just said "lets move in august, it's now June, we can do it" We all saved up and I was here in Western Mass on August 17th!!!! I kissed the ground when I got back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandnsea2 View Post
Oh I sooooo agree with you! We moved to NC from Mass 2 years ago and regret it . We are moving back to Mass in 2 years. Yes, the South and its people are the pits.

Old 09-15-2007, 10:45 AM

830 posts, read 290,110 times
Quote:
Be careful. We moved from Mass to NC 2 years ago and regret it mightily. We are moving back to Mass in 2 years. I can elaborate if you wish...
Go ahead .... Why trash a state without backing up your words ... and were in NC were you?

Old 09-15-2007, 11:38 AM

42 posts, read 94,061 times
Quote:
Do you mind clarifying why you regret it? We moved to NC from MA and I am not so sure it is the place for us. People are nice here and it seems like there is quite a bit going on but I need to give it some time to see how things pan out. Curious to know more details on why you regret it.

Old 09-15-2007, 06:26 PM

6 posts, read 13,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWfromBigD View Post
I lived in Holliston and Framingham, MA from 1986-2003 and I still have a sister who lives in Weston, MA... I finally moved back to my home state of Texas and I can tell you this.... I DO NOT MISS THE DAMN WINTERS!!! The poster who said that the winters are killing them as they get older is DEAD ON! Since I've escaped MA and NE, my blood pressure has also gone down (can't say anything about weight b/c I eat my tex-mex and great BBQ!!)
I do miss the autumn mornings and drinking my DD coffee and the crisp air... but let me tell you, I will only visit in the months of Sept. to early Nov. and I will never LIVE there again!
When you go back to your "home" state that is completely different..for some going to NE and Mass is going home......I can't wait. NO MORE HURRICANES!!!! No more hot, hot, hot weather. Bring on the seasons!!

Old 09-17-2007, 08:35 PM

4 posts, read 7,272 times
Angry No Way!

I lived in MA for the first 50 years of my life. Grew up in inner city Boston where it was dirty and dangerous. After I married, we could never find a decent apartment to live in because landlords would not accept kids. By 2000 the housing prices had gotten so rediculously high, I decided to move out. I now live in Arizona--only wish I had moved here a long time ago when my kids were little--much better opportunity for housing and Christian schools. I would not move back to MA for all the money in China. As far as I am concerned it is an overpriced dump--and, yes, the drivers in MA are the rudest I have seen anywhere!

Old 09-18-2007, 06:00 AM

Location: Chesterfield in Beautiful Massachusetts, New England
76 posts, read 1,213 times
We welcome you here, the doors are open, you will love it here!!!! I was so happy to get out of Fl and get back here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debi1957 View Post
Well, you guys!!! I live in Florida and we are going to be fulfilling our 20 year dream of moving to MA area soon. Everything you guys write about MA is carbon copy in Florida. I hate it here. The only difference is that, unless you don't mind everything having mouse ears on it...there is NOTHING to do!!! I guess we all think the other side of the fence is greener. I am looking forward to my years in MA! and mostly just out of Florida!!!

Old 09-19-2007, 10:44 AM

694 posts, read 1,816,340 times
Quote:
We moved to NC from Mass 2 years ago and regret it . We are moving back to Mass in 2 years. Yes, the South and its people are the pits.
that's quite a statement. perhaps you could arrange to move back sooner, before two years?

Old 09-19-2007, 11:47 AM

3,980 posts, read 7,302,929 times
I agree with Grass is Greener... it's a great time to be a home-buyer in Massachusetts right now. Tons of inventory, sellers are finally getting realistic (well more realistic anyway...) than they were even a year ago. Wish we had a crystal ball to know if it's going to last more than a year or two... the nicest thing is that people have the opportunity to mull over the decision for several days before making an offer, and are able to make much more sound decisions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts