Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2013, 09:40 AM

26 posts, read 32,282 times

Advertisements

Hi,
Does anyone have any experience or opinion of Design Pak lofts in Marlborough? I searched the archives and found a similar question from 2010 but there was little feedback.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2013, 09:26 AM

12 posts, read 18,941 times
What would you like to know?

Kind of expensive for the location. Ive been living since March. I have seen a ton of people move out. I am guessing the property company increases rent every year and people realize they can find something closer to Boston etc for the price.

I pay 1300$ for a 1 bedroom. It is way too small for two people and dog. The bedroom has no windows so it has a hole cut out for fire purposes. People don't pick up after themselves, or their dogs especially if they have the dog go to the bathroom on the stairs or in common areas which is gross. (accidents happen but pick it up!)

Everything is electric so your electric bill is high but you dont have oil etc. The high ceilings are a plus, without them I would feel like I was in jail.

Location is solid if you work along the 495 belt. If you work in Boston look for something closer to the purple line unless you want to sit on the pike for 1 1/2 hours every morning and afternoon.

Anything specific?

Old 09-10-2013, 09:58 PM

26 posts, read 32,282 times
Thanks for your feedback, Premierplayer. It's discouraging to hear about many people moving out and people leaving dog feces on the stairs or common areas. Are there a lot of professionals there? Is it a very young demographic living there? Is it noisy?
I wouldn't be commuting to Boston and know that it gets more expensive the further east I go. The photos on line look very nice, but of course promotional photos can be deceiving.
If you don't mind my asking, how much is your typical electric bill in summer and winter?

OS

What would you like to know?

Kind of expensive for the location. Ive been living since March. I have seen a ton of people move out. I am guessing the property company increases rent every year and people realize they can find something closer to Boston etc for the price.

I pay 1300$ for a 1 bedroom. It is way too small for two people and dog. The bedroom has no windows so it has a hole cut out for fire purposes. People don't pick up after themselves, or their dogs especially if they have the dog go to the bathroom on the stairs or in common areas which is gross. (accidents happen but pick it up!)

Everything is electric so your electric bill is high but you dont have oil etc. The high ceilings are a plus, without them I would feel like I was in jail.

Location is solid if you work along the 495 belt. If you work in Boston look for something closer to the purple line unless you want to sit on the pike for 1 1/2 hours every morning and afternoon.

Anything specific?

Old 09-11-2013, 10:17 AM

12 posts, read 18,941 times
Electric was like 180$ leaving the temp on 68 all day during the summer. My apartment is on floor 2 and on the side where the sun beats down on it all day. That isn't too bad at all imo. There is a mix of younger and some older professionals. I have never heard anyone partying or anything like that. Not sure if my neighbors are just quiet or what. Occasionally I hear someone upstairs drop something on the kitchen floor or something but the walls are pretty thick. I know some of the apartments are different and mine is most likely the low end model with a crappy rug etc. (some apartments are larger, have wood floors etc). For a single person it wouldn't be too bad but like I said so many people move out I think its because it comes down to the cost being up so high and getting nothing of value really compared to Avalon or something down the road. I read somewhere someone was complaining about the parking lot being far away but its right outside the building so I am not sure what they expect? There is an overflow lot a little bit farther on the property but I have never needed to park there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts