Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2013, 04:33 PM

2 posts, read 2,789 times

Advertisements

I am one of the admin team on a forum here in WEYMOUTH UK, one of our members has posted an old photo with just the name Weymouth on it.We do dot believe it to be here in our home town,and wondered if it could be of somewhere in Weymouth.Massachusetts.If any of your forum members recognise the photo of the house would it be possible that you could email me at [email]peterjbarron@msn.com.Than[/email]k you for any help you can give on this matter.Or if anyone would like to know about our Weymouth UK please email me me.

Kind regards Peter Barron
Attached Thumbnails
Weymouth united kingdom.-weymouth-house.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2013, 04:51 PM

675 posts, read 1,688,885 times
Actually, I don't think it's a house in either Weymouth but rather "Weymouth House", looks like this one in Marylebone, London: Buildings - Weymouth House, 84-89 Hallam Street, London W1W 5HF

Old 12-10-2013, 01:57 AM

2 posts, read 2,789 times
Default Weymouth uk.

Thank you for your reply,but I do not think its the house in LONDON UK as the bottom half of this house is shown in PORTLAND STONE and the other picture is not.And in the UK any old building must be left or replaced exactly as it was built,under the listed building status.Thank you very much for your time.

Kind regards Peter Barron in the UK.

Old 12-10-2013, 05:56 AM

675 posts, read 1,688,885 times
Sorry, I see now that I was mostly looking at the fence. I do think it probably is a "Weymouth House" of some other location as it does not look very much like buildings in Weymouth MA but perhaps someone else will recognize it.

Good luck.

Old 12-10-2013, 02:56 PM

12 posts, read 26,510 times
Not much help here I know, but my dad's side of the family all lives in Weymouth, I had no idea there was one in the UK! (ok, I should have figured...) But I can tell you there aren't any buildings in this area at all that looks like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts