Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2013, 01:11 PM

78 posts, read 135,067 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any impressions or opinions about Acton, Mass? What's the town like, schools and real estate. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2013, 01:22 PM

6,301 posts, read 9,581,338 times
I live in Acton and have posted quite a bit about the area and surrounding towns. If you search my nickname 495neighbor you will come up with quite a bit.

You can get a very nice home for 800k or less in many parts of Acton.

In that price range I would recommend the area near Nagog Hill Road and Main Street walking distance from the library and Acton Arboretum.

If you have any more specific questions, please post or DM me.

Old 12-19-2013, 04:28 PM

1,270 posts, read 5,396,911 times
Def the area near Nagog woods and Acton Arboretum - Very Nice and secluded. Yet so close to route 2....

The only issue with that area is the traffic around route 2....and getting through Crosby's corner in Lexington -etc. 2 and 2A can get really backed up so its best to learn the back roads in the area and side street shortcuts so you can get around any back ups. Learn LAWS BROOK ROAD. =)

Acton is a small quiet town..... - same as Boxborough

The school system for both towns is one school ACTON BOXBOROUGH Regional High School Colonials.

You are kind of halfway between Worcester and Boston so you can pretty much go to either city or work in either city..you aren't that far from Manchester NH either for work purposes.

Nagog Woods and Acton Arboretum are two nice areas for outdoor recreation and you're not far from Walden Pond and Lincoln Woods areas. -

Boston is a short ride down route 2 - to the city or to ALEWIFE where you can get the RED LINE IN

There are various services around the area though its more RURAL so you may have to drive further for some things

Old 12-19-2013, 08:45 PM

1,270 posts, read 5,396,911 times
Acton Schools are good and there's a Commuter Rail Station in South Acton into Boston and Fitchburg.

Old 12-20-2013, 09:31 AM

4,712 posts, read 5,915,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachto4 View Post
Does anyone have any impressions or opinions about Acton, Mass? What's the town like, schools and real estate. Thanks!
Acton/Boxborough schools are rated very highly within Mass, one of the states with the best public schools systems in the nation, if not the best. So, I'd say the schools are excellent.

Your zip code in your profile says Fairfield, CT. I'd say Acton/Boxborough schools are as good as the very best public schools in CT (Darien, New Canaan, Weston, Westport, Wilton, etc), and maybe even a bit better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts