Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 11:57 AM

10 posts, read 13,996 times

Advertisements

I will not let anyone be rude to be and I will stand up for people in real life and online. I think that just because I give my opinion online doesn't give anyone the right to hurt my feelings. I can react in any way I want. That's the problem with people in online forums they think well I'm giving my opiinion so it doesn't matter if I am rude. I'm sorry but there ways to word things while still being honest.

If you don't have anything to say that will be productive then don't say it. Because the online forums is for people to ask and help each other. I'm a sensitive person and I'm courteous to people who give me respect if they don't then I'm not.

I may have depression but that doesn't mean I'm a doormat. Have a good day and think about how you treat people. Just giving my opinion as you did WoodyW.

Last edited by lostsoul26; 12-26-2013 at 12:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2013, 12:11 PM

10 posts, read 13,996 times
I want to thank everyone for their advice I appreciate it. And I don't mean to offend anyone but I will be honest if I am offended.

Old 12-26-2013, 01:02 PM

6,432 posts, read 7,721,085 times
She's 26, a young girl. She's confused and is obviously feeling scared and a bit hopeless about her prospects. She also seems to have a self esteem issue and is lacking confidence. There's my armchair psychologist review. So her grammar was poor, cut her some slack. A simple "work on your grammar" (in a friendlier way) would have been sufficed.

OP, I'll assume that you were actually diagnosed by a qualified professional with the disorder. I do agree with some of the others who advise you to not let whatever disorder you were diagnosed with define who you are or use it as an excuse however. It's an obstacle yes, but one to be overcome. If I were you I would be concerned as well, coming out of a community college with a human services degree isn't terribly concrete. If it were me and I were you, I would be thinking more towards a vocational degree and would invest my energies in a vocational education - something like a dental hygenist maybe, I don't know. Maybe even aspire to be an Occupational Therapist.

Did you completely not enjoy the massage therapy thing? That I can understand, but it seems like you may have dropped the career too prematurely (seeing as how you must have went through a program and got a license). Nobody woul dhire you due to lack of experience? Maybe you could have tried to get 3 or 4 clients on your own (chargin a bit less than the usual rate) and then approcahed employers? So you could have said that although you don't have much experience, you do bring 3 clients with you. Just as a foot in the door thing. I just mean you may have had options if it's what you wanted to do. If not, then that's another story.

Anyway, my advice to you is to choose a career and work towards it. Everything will have challenges to overcome. All you can do is your best. I always tell my son that I don't expect him to be perfect, I just want him to try - to never stop trying. I'm not you and don't know you're real challenges but I do hear the despair in your posts and I feel bad for you. Take comfort in your loved ones, hopefully they are people who support you, help you, build you up, and accept you for who you are (smart or stupid, pretty or ugly, fat or fit, failure or success).

I wish you the best of luck.

Old 12-26-2013, 04:34 PM

229 posts, read 382,386 times
MA as a state has a high concentration of highly educated people, so it might seem as though one needs a college education to get ahead in life. But I suspect the masons, carpenters, landscapers, etc. who own their own business and rely on their hands-on expertise, probably earns more than me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts