Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2014, 10:48 AM

3,577 posts, read 4,507,456 times

Advertisements

Prices are up in Market Basket.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2014, 07:48 PM

6,380 posts, read 6,270,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelz View Post
Hannafords is Market Basket's closest competitor when it comes to prices, so Artie T wasn't exactly being all that honest.

Would you really expect him to be as a shrewd business man? If they are their closest competitors (which i suspect they are given the social media coverage), a usually business tactic would be to call them out as the "worst" on prices.

But hey, as long as he treats his employees well, i do not find tactics like the above upsetting at all.

Old 10-07-2014, 05:37 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,224,432 times
Prices are up everywhere do to a severe drought in the west but at the end of the day MB offers the best sales on certain items every weekend. IMO Hanna doesn't come close to the prices but more important the customer service, which i find FAR superior to any food chain. Customer service may not mean much to some but to me it truly speaks to the Voice of the
Customer. And MB has mastered the art..With their long term employees who know their long term customers...

Old 10-07-2014, 06:18 PM

503 posts, read 1,203,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brienzi View Post
Prices are up everywhere do to a severe drought in the west but at the end of the day MB offers the best sales on certain items every weekend. IMO Hanna doesn't come close to the prices but more important the customer service, which i find FAR superior to any food chain. Customer service may not mean much to some but to me it truly speaks to the Voice of the
Customer. And MB has mastered the art..With their long term employees who know their long term customers...
I couldn't agree more.

Old 10-09-2014, 04:38 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,224,432 times
Has anyone applied at their new Waltham store? It looks like MB and Marshalls are due to open very soon. Also in Burlington MA a Wegmans is due to open on the 26th (going off the top of my head but know they are hiring too)..Much going on in Burlington too which means more jobs. Please don't take my post as off topic, just putting it out there that there are jobs available for anyone in these locals..

Old 10-10-2014, 07:28 PM

1,923 posts, read 2,409,227 times
When you put in an application they never call you. I haven't applied there but that's usually the case anywhere I apply.

Old 10-12-2014, 10:21 AM

1,923 posts, read 2,409,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
Most places will not call you if you DONT get the job, regardless of what they say. I once worked for a newbie casting director who had me call all the people who didn't get the job and tell them. They would get SO excited when i said who i was, then SO despondent when i told them they didn't get the job.

I told my boss i would never do that again.

Someone once called to tell me i didn't get a job. Since they called on a Friday and didn't leave the message, i was excited all weekend thinking i got the job only to be set up for a HUGE let down for Monday.

If you don't hear, you didn't get it. But it never hurts to call back and reinforce your enthusiasm for the job and REMIND THEM to keep you in mind.
Someone here said that they hire people with disabilities but clearly that isn't the case. I didn't get hired.

Old 10-12-2014, 07:18 PM

1,395 posts, read 5,083,081 times
I'm glad to have Market Basket back, but I've added Stop & Shop as a permanent part of my shopping routine. The one near me has bananas at $0.39 lb EVERYDAY. Cucumbers are $0.50 each everyday at S&S. Plus they double coupons. If it's on sale at S&S then it's typically the same price as MB's everyday price & if I can get the coupon doubled it's better priced at S&S.

I was never big on coupons before, but since this fiasco took over this summer I'm clipping coupons, and watching the sales like crazy. It's really changed my shopping habits. Tending to only buy things when they're on sale & I have a coupon instead of when I need them.

Old 10-16-2014, 05:40 PM

7,920 posts, read 7,806,919 times
This is still going on as a thread?

Ferris Bueller's Day Off ( It's Over, Go Home [ Ending ]) - YouTube

Old 10-17-2014, 02:53 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,700,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyCrash View Post
I'm glad to have Market Basket back, but I've added Stop & Shop as a permanent part of my shopping routine. The one near me has bananas at $0.39 lb EVERYDAY. Cucumbers are $0.50 each everyday at S&S. Plus they double coupons. If it's on sale at S&S then it's typically the same price as MB's everyday price & if I can get the coupon doubled it's better priced at S&S.

I was never big on coupons before, but since this fiasco took over this summer I'm clipping coupons, and watching the sales like crazy. It's really changed my shopping habits. Tending to only buy things when they're on sale & I have a coupon instead of when I need them.
This is still going on as a thread?
... ( It's Over, Go Home [ Ending ]) - YouTube
I disagree. One of the big problem I have with issue with over-reactions that are never revisited to place them in their proper perspective. I suspect that's why they happen so much. People want to move on and not consider what happened previously "in the light of day".

I made the point several times in this thread that I felt that the protest was an over-reaction. What did people fight for if a year from now MB is just about the same as S&S anyway?

I hope, either in this thread or another, that we do follow-up on this issue a year from now, and five years from now. Personally, I suspect once the 4% discount goes away on December 27, many people might start moving toward seeing the issue with a completely different complexion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts