Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2015, 02:53 PM

3 posts, read 3,380 times

Advertisements

will likely be moving to Boston metro for a work relocation. Need to be in north burbs with easy access to 95 since job is over the border in NH.

Looking for a safe area with top schools and but want to have reasonable access to Boston. Immediately started looking at Andover based on reputation and word of mouth. Are there other areas to which I should be looking?

Thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2015, 03:38 PM

238 posts, read 326,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapDraw77 View Post
will likely be moving to Boston metro for a work relocation. Need to be in north burbs with easy access to 95 since job is over the border in NH.

Looking for a safe area with top schools and but want to have reasonable access to Boston. Immediately started looking at Andover based on reputation and word of mouth. Are there other areas to which I should be looking?

Thanks,

To name a few of the better schools in the areas you referenced:

Lynnfield
Middleton
Hamilton
Newburyport
North Reading

Old 02-13-2015, 04:02 PM

1,768 posts, read 3,239,864 times
I would add Topsfield, Wenham, and Hamilton to the mix.
Good luck.

Old 02-13-2015, 05:20 PM

23,542 posts, read 18,693,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapDraw77 View Post

Thanks,
Why not just move to NH?

Old 02-16-2015, 05:50 PM

2,632 posts, read 4,049,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Why not just move to NH?
Exactly. Unless the OP has another compelling reason to be in MA (a partner/spouse working in Boston), there's no reason to live in MA to pay state taxes when one could just live in NH. Towns such as Windham and Londonderry would fit the bill, while having an Express Bus station nearby for access to Boston. (Of course, such question would be better served on the NH forum, as some could provide a broader variety of answers.)

Old 02-16-2015, 11:11 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,670,889 times
Or Newburyport. There is transport into Boston and you're on I-95 to get to NH, which is close by. Schools are fine but the town is expensive. However, if you're considering Andover, then you could afford Newburyport.

Old 02-17-2015, 06:27 AM

560 posts, read 751,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Or Newburyport. There is transport into Boston and you're on I-95 to get to NH, which is close by. Schools are fine but the town is expensive. However, if you're considering Andover, then you could afford Newburyport.
OP needs to tell us more. where in NH will you be working (93 or 95) is important. you don't necessarily want to live in Newburyport if you work in Derry or Manchester.

Also, how often will you (or significant other) be coming in Boston? during rush hr? if its not frequent or during peak hrs, towns in southern NH might serve you better.

Old 02-17-2015, 12:55 PM

3 posts, read 3,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizim View Post
OP needs to tell us more. where in NH will you be working (93 or 95) is important. you don't necessarily want to live in Newburyport if you work in Derry or Manchester.

Also, how often will you (or significant other) be coming in Boston? during rush hr? if its not frequent or during peak hrs, towns in southern NH might serve you better.

signficant other will be working in downtown boston (by north station) so we want a shortish commute for her. Additionally, we like the closer proximity to Boston than a town like londonderry would provide.

my new position will be just south of mancheser right off i-93, so being close to that is a priority.

thanks for all of your comments.

Old 02-17-2015, 02:32 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,989,949 times
I'm not sure why you mentioned I-95 if you're going to be living off of I-93. The towns near I-93 that have commuter rail lines into Boston would be a good list of places to start. Andover is an excellent choice if you can afford it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts