Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 08:49 AM

24,490 posts, read 17,226,594 times

Advertisements

Snow is amazing... and we sure are sick of it. The amount varies by location and sometimes town to town. I went up to visit family on the South Shore in Whitman this past week and spent a couple days shoveling roofs off. They had 2-3-4 foot drifts on their roofs.
Back home in my town we have a good solid 2 feet with about 6-8 inches piling on today.

How much snow do you have in your town?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2015, 08:59 AM

8,545 posts, read 14,022,910 times
I must have 3 or 4 feet in my yard. I can't wait for spring.

Old 02-15-2015, 09:03 AM

613 posts, read 1,054,782 times
My mother has about 4ft in her yard in walpole. I'm in Texas its 75 degrees today suckas lol

Old 02-15-2015, 09:46 AM

1,442 posts, read 1,341,227 times
Looking at the Facebook pics of the yards of our family members up there makes us glad we are in The Lone Star State. God Bless Texas and 75 degrees. You guys stay warm up there

Old 02-15-2015, 12:16 PM

6,301 posts, read 9,643,596 times
H-E-L-P

I'm buried in a snow pile.

Someone come rescue me.

Old 02-15-2015, 01:13 PM

2,202 posts, read 5,357,452 times
I've stopped measuring in feet and inches. I'm going by wine bottles. We are a good 3 1/2 bottles deep here.

I am personally in deeper than just 3 1/2.

Last edited by Beachcomber4; 02-15-2015 at 01:39 PM..

Old 02-15-2015, 02:39 PM

837 posts, read 1,225,602 times
Well, if the snow is coming up and over the 6-foot fence between our yard and the next door neighbor's, that should tell you something

The 4-foot fence between our yard and our neighbor's in back is completely covered.

The drift just outside our back door on the deck has to be at least 7 feet tall. If it was against the house it'd be completely covering the downstairs bathroom window.

Old 02-15-2015, 02:43 PM

2,865 posts, read 3,631,075 times
Central Maine here and the wind is blowing like hell. And it is colder then I can stand outside. The weatherman said that although this last blizzard was not going to dump much snow on us, we got about 2 inches this time, the wind would be whipping. And it is. Our amount on the ground varies but I'd say at least a good 2-3 feet still there from past storms. There has been no warm weather to speak of and no melt....

Old 02-15-2015, 06:31 PM

15,861 posts, read 21,438,888 times
We have 6 foot wide by 8 feet heigh snowbanks on our side of the street - a little higher close to driveways but not by much. My sideyard is only about 8 feet wide and aside from a shovel's width path, it is at least 7 feet heigh. Our front yard is a little deeper but thanks to the entire neighborhood snowblowing their snow there (as well as snow blown from our sidewalk and driveway) it is now at least 9 feet high. The snow has completely covered a few bushes and is brushing the bottom of my downstairs neighbor's window (which is more than half a story up due to the basement and foundation). The height is really due to drift and snowblowers. Our neighborhood just doesn't have much ground that isn't a driveway, street, or building. We're a side street off of a side street off of another side street, so we're about the last priority for the city to move the snow (not that I'm complaining - the DPW is doing all that they can!).

When we say we have no place else to put the snow, we mean it!

It's getting incredibly stressful and tense in my neighborhood. While some are being fantastic and helpful, I've also seen several full on fights break out and the police have been called to my street at least twice in 3 weeks - which is more than I ever saw in 3 years before!

Old 02-15-2015, 07:08 PM

26,653 posts, read 28,677,767 times
Here on the north coast we've had the National Guard dig out one corner of the street. They had mostly uncovered the stop sign at the corner but after last night's 21 inch snow fall, you can only see the sign part, not the pole. The snow is above the level of a stockade fence but at one end you can still see the little points just above the snow.

Snow is up to everyone's windows and we may as well not have a bathroom window because it's totally plastered in snow which makes the bathroom dark. My bird feeder is on a tall pole and the birds could ski to it, no flying necessary.

We can't get outside so we don't know about the car. We did get the front door open a little while ago for the dog. Our routine is to stand on the enclosed porch holding his leash while he does his thing out there somewhere. It feels almost like a war zone or a state of emergency. Oh yeah, these ARE emergency conditions. Sitting around with flashlights and candles just in case, not being able to leave the house for days at a time, couldn't order a pizza even if we wanted to because how would they drive down the narrow snow packed road? How would they get from their car to the door? And I'd probably have to give them a $100 tip if they DID!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts